SHOP BY CATEGORYBack to all Gaia Herbs
Gaia Herbs brings herbal wellness solutions to your daily life and follows a simple equation to do it: “Purity + Integrity = Potency.”
- Purity:Each herb is cultivated according to the laws of nature and is responsibly sourced from certified organic farmers. For crops Gaia Herbs doesn’t grow itself, the company uses ingredients from forest trade communities and indigenous growers to help support sustainability in local communities.
- Integrity: As ingredients move through the production process, Gaia Herbs is mindful of using the right technology and concentration methods to extract the most potent properties of each herb.
- Potency: This final pillar is a result of Gaia’s strict adherence to responsible practices at every stage in development. Everything from sourcing to gentle extraction methods are designed to maintain the purity, and ultimately, the potency, of each individual plant.
The History of Gaia Herbs
Gaia Herbs was founded in 1987 by Ric Scalzo. He grew up in a large Italian family in Worcester, Massachusetts, and was always drawn to plants. In college, he trained in naturopathic botanical medicine before joining a clinic blending acupuncture, herbs, and both Chinese and Western medicine. At the time of launching Gaia Herbs, Scalzo also created the Gaia Herbal Research Institute, which encourages herbal literacy and publishes books on the topic. Today, the company is rooted on 250 acres of farmland in western North Carolina.
Gaia Herbs Company Mission
The mission of Gaia Herbs is to create and nurture healthy connections between plants and people. Whether championing environmental sustainability in the U.S., helping evangelize herbal medicine throughout the world, or formulating supplements using USDA certified organic herbs, the Gaia Herbs team abides by the three pillars of purity, integrity, and potency.
Benefits of Gaia Herbs
Gaia Herbs is a company that takes a “people over profit” approach, with a major focus on sustainability. In addition to using organic ingredients in all its products, here are some of the benefits of choosing Gaia Herbs.
- Uses regenerative farming techniques
- Encourages biodiversity
- Fosters ecological conservation
- Encourages recycling and waste reduction
- Positively impacts communities
Top Gaia Herbs Products
Get to know this top supplement company with three of its best-selling products.
When a cold gets you down, support your immune system with black elderberries and vitamin C, not preservatives and high-fructose corn syrup.
Blend a better latte with this plant-based powder made with turmeric, dates, and herbs like cardamom and black pepper. It’s inspired by a traditional Ayurvedic recipe to help support your body and mind.
This jar of 120 capsules delivers phytochemicals and antioxidants to help support your health.
You Might Like
Learn about Gaia’s unique online tool to help you track the origins of ingredients, plus read up on mushroom supplements and joint health, too.
Gaia Herbs created a new online tool, Meet Your Herbs™, that empowers consumers to trace ingredients from seed to shelf.
Learn more about how to incorporate mushrooms into your routine! Gaia Herbs is one of 13 supplements featured in this post, all fueled by fungi.
Stiff joints? Learn more about some natural remedies and supplements that may help ease the pain.