Everyone defines wellness a little bit differently. For some, it means steering clear of sugary desserts. For others, exercise is always involved. One person might include mental health in the equation, and another might believe a combination of all three is the optimal way to feel good. Wherever you are on the wellness spectrum, there’s a supplement for that. At least, that’s what Solaray believes. To up your nutrient intake, manage special diets or ailments, or just feel your best on the daily, supplements might be your new partner in wellness.
The History of Solaray
Within the Nutraceutical family of brands, Solary is its flagship. With nearly 1,000 products to its name, Solary offers a lineup of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and herbal extracts, plus specialty ingredients like probiotics, amino acids, and functional formulas to support active lifestyles. Founded in Utah in 1973, the brand helped pioneer encapsulated herbs, and was acquired 20 years later.
Solaray Company Mission
Solaray’s mission is to empower and inspire everyone to live healthier lives. Before the brand started, its founders wanted to offer solutions for all, which meant developing thousands of products since the 1970s. The brand believes it can be a true partner on your quest to take control of your busy, modern life as you achieve wellness from the inside out.
Benefits of Solaray
To keep things simple, Solaray created a straightforward labeling system so you always grab the right bottle. Here’s just a sampling of how things are organized.
- Green: Green lids are for bottles that contain single herbs—whether that’s ground roots, or ground herb parts like stems, seeds, leaves, and flowers. The “green screened” logo indicates each herb has been rigorously tested for heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, and microbials.
- Maroon: Maroon lids indicate herbal extracts are inside. They’re listed by both a common name and Latin name, and the percentage and quantity of the extract is always noted in either mg or mcg so you don’t have to do any math.
No matter which bottle you choose, they’re all made without:
- artificial flavors
- artificial colors
- artificial preservatives
- artificial sweeteners
- pharmaceutical glaze (a shellac coating made from beetles)
You’ll also find Solaray’s “Green Screened” logos on many of its bottles, which represents the brand’s commitment to quality.
- Green Screened: From lab analysis to pesticide screening, this designation encompasses a range of quality markers Solaray focuses on for each and every product.
- Green Screened From the Wild: These herbs are grown and harvested in their natural environments and ethically harvested.
- Green Screened Organically Grown: These herbs were organically grown, and certified by an independent agency.
Top Solaray Products
Amp up your wellness routine with three of our top picks.
Aloe Vera Capsules
This bottle of 100 vegetarian capsules are sourced from aloe vera leaves and deliver 2000 mg per dose. Known for its antimicrobial benefits, aloe vera may also help the body stay hydrated and moisturized.
Berberine Root Extract, Advanced Formula
Berberine root extract hails from the roots and stems of the Indian Barberry and Oregon Grape plants, and may support blood glucose, cholesterol levels, and more.
Tart Cherry Fruit Extract
Tart cherries aren’t just for pie filling. This fruit is known for being a source of anthocyanins (aka antioxidants) that may help neutralize free radicals.
How to Choose the Right Supplement for You
The world of supplements doesn’t have to be a mystery.
Why Women Need Probiotics
For added nutrients like iron, calcium, and magnesium, a probiotic may be a one-stop-shop to ensure you’re getting the right mix on a regular basis.
The Trending Supplement to Watch (and Try)
Hemp is rising in the ranks of supplement popularity. Learn all about this trend, its benefits, and best products to try.
13 Mushroom Supplements
We’ve got the scoop on 13 powerful mushroom supplements worth adding to your routine. From chaga to reishi, this blog covers it all.