SHOP BY CATEGORY
Stocking up on pantry staples can go a long way to extending the life of your groceries and saving you time, money, and hassle throughout the week. Plus, you’ll be well-prepared to pull together a quick meal if guests should make a surprise appearance. We’ve put together a quick guide for stocking your pantry with our favorite essentials, including diet-friendly selections! We’ve also rounded up tips and tricks for choosing pantry staple selections that will best serve the needs of you and your family and inspire you to warm up the oven before reaching for yet another takeout menu. Grab your shopping list and get ready to stock your pantry like a boss.
What Are Pantry Staples?
If you need to whip up a meal on the fly, having a well-stocked pantry is key. But what tops the list of pantry staples? Think cooking essentials like olive oil, garlic, onion, spices, chicken broth, canned beans, marinades, tomato sauce, pasta noodles, rice, vinegar, and white wine; baking must-haves like flour, eggs, sugar, milk, and baking powder; and on-hand goods like butter, tuna, potatoes, and lemons.
Benefits of Stocking Your Pantry
You’ve heard it before, but having a well-stocked pantry can pay off in a big way. Here are some immediate benefits:
- Save Money: Having ingredients for meals on-hand will make you less likely to spend on restaurants and takeout.
- Save Time: Forget multiple trips to the store. Restocking your pantry regularly will save you from hitting the store throughout the week (especially with Thrive Market’s home delivery).
- Support Your Diet: Take the guesswork out of your weekly meal plan by stocking up on diet-approved staples (be sure to use Thrive Market’s dietary filters).
Tips for Stocking Your Pantry
Loading up your pantry with good-for-you ingredients is easy when you know where to start. These easy tips will help keep you organized.
- Go for the grains (and seeds): Brown rice, quinoa, farro, and barley act as a foundation for many meals and last in the pantry quite some time before going bad.
- Review your recipes: Take a look at your regular weekly recipes and take note of ingredients that occur often, like olive oil, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Keep it organized: Before restocking your pantry, do a clean sweep and group like items (like grains, oils, baked goods, snacks, spices, and canned foods). Consider investing in baskets and canisters for easy, clutter-free navigation.
Top Brands for Everyday Staples
Stock your pantry with wholesome, nutritious buys with this list of must-try brands.
Offering a wide selection of gluten-free products from oats to flour to cereal and granola, each Bob’s Red Mill pantry must-have is made from whole foods, organic and sourced directly from farmers.
Made from whole almonds with the skin on and nothing else, this finely ground flour is ideal for Paleo-friendly, gluten-free cooking and baking, including breads, pancakes, cookies, cakes, and more.
From condiments and marinades to protein powder and nutrition bars, this Paleo-friendly collection prides itself on formulating products made with whole ingredients and also supports keto and Whole30 diets.
Following Whole30 and want to turn up the flavor? This tangy blend of avocado oil, organic cage-free eggs, sea salt, and rosemary extract pairs perfectly with meats, salads, or dip recipes.
With a line of apple cider vinegar, liquid aminos, dressing, seasoning and olive oil along with cleansing beverages, Bragg has a long history of creating gluten-free products that work to support good healthy while delivering big flavor.
Crafted from Koroneiki Greek olives, the delicate flavor of this oil pairs perfectly with dressing recipes, drizzled over roasted vegetables or enjoyed on its own with bread for dipping.
You Might Like
Round out your shopping list with these pantry favorites and recipe must-haves.
Too much of a good thing and ready to hit refresh? Start by making over your pantry with these quick tips and recipes for detoxing your diet and your skin.
What are Whole30 founder Melissa Hartwig’s most coveted kitchen staples? From marinades to coffee creamer, she shares her top five product picks for eating your best while ensuring diet success.
Dinner party on the horizon? From hummus to cheese logs to cocktail recipes, these crowd pleasers will earn raves and are made with items found in most well-stocked pantries.