Fishpeople brings you wild, sustainably-caught fish straight from the ocean to your plate. The recipes on offer—from chowder to fish jerky to shrimp bisque—are devised by creative chefs and made with clean, simple, and fresh ingredients. You won’t find any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives in Fishpeople products. Now let’s talk sustainability. Fishpeople was founded in response to concerns about overfishing. That’s why, unlike many other fishing operations, Fishpeople strives to support both oceanic health and the vibrancy of coastal fishing communities. Here’s a fun fact: every fish product you buy from Fishpeople contains a tracking code—and this code allows you to trace exactly where your fish came from. You can’t get more transparent than that! Fishpeople products are also BPA-free, gluten-free, and full of beneficial omega-3 fats.
The History of Fishpeople
Duncan Berry and Kipp Baratoff were the original fish people. Back in 2012, they realized they shared a common concern: coastal fisheries and the fish population were in a bad state. Overfishing had reduced many fish stocks to unsustainable levels. Plus, about 90% of coastal fishing jobs had been shipped overseas. They founded Fishpeople to be the solution to this problem. Today, Fishpeople continues to provide sustainable seafood to the public in a way that benefits both marine habitats and coastal communities.
Fishpeople Company Mission
Fishpeople is here to “re-imagine consumers’ relationship to the sea.” This brand truly swims upstream by constantly innovating to change the fishing industry for the better. Here are some key aspects of the Fishpeople promise:
- Pure, simple ingredients: Wild-caught seafood packaged with clean ingredients—never preservatives.
- Sustainability: Fishpeople was founded to support coastal fisheries, ocean habitats, and all the creatures living there.
- Transparency: Because it’s good to know exactly where your fish come from.
Benefits of Fishpeople
You won’t regret stocking up on this delicious gluten-free seafood. Here’s why:
- Worry-free fish: Fishpeople only puts sustainably-sourced, wild-caught fish in its products.
- Get your omegas: Salmon and shrimp are rich in the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, for inflammation and brain health support.
- Avoid toxins: You won’t find preservatives, artificial colors, or artificial flavors here.
- Wildly delicious: Seafood recipes with fresh ingredients are concocted (for your eating pleasure) by expert chefs.
- Paleo-friendly: Non-processed, ancestrally-approved seafood recipes are perfect for your Paleo lifestyle.
- No gluten: Its seafood products are guaranteed gluten-free.
- Support the ocean and local fisheries: Sustainable fishing helps marine habitats and coastal fishing communities alike.
Top Fishpeople Products
When your tummy starts rumbling, you’ll want to keep this sustainably-caught seafood handy.
Sweet + Smoky Original Wild Alaskan Salmon Jerky
With 24 grams of protein and 900 grams of omega-3s per bag, you’ll feel good about munching on this sweet and smoky superfood.
Wild Seafood Bouillabaisse
Clams, shrimp, and rockfish serve as the backbone for this chef-inspired classic seafood dish.
Alder Smoked Wild Salmon Chowder
Relish the subtle flavors of brown sugar and alder-wood smoke in this playful little dish. The best part of this recipe is how simple it is. We bet it’s the easiest chowder you’ve ever made.
Seafood Recipes From the Thrive Market Kitchen
At Thrive Market, sustainability is our middle name. Check out these sustainably-caught seafood recipes.
Spicy Cod in Coconut Broth Recipe
Simple Barramundi With Zucchini Recipe
Got 10 minutes? That’s all you’ll need to prepare this lovely fish and zucchini dinner. The parchment wrap makes cleanup a snap.
How to Make Salmon Cakes
If you haven’t made salmon patties yet, it’s time to add this omega-rich dish to your weekly lineup. Bon appetit!