Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Raw shelled hemp seed.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Hemp Hearts
When most people think of a superfood, hemp probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are nutritious shelled hemp seeds with vitamins and minerals, and a deliciously nutty taste. Best of all, their versatility means that they can be used in numerous ways, allowing them to fit easily into your culinary creations.
The great benefits of hemp seed
Hemp is quickly gaining popularity and many agree that it’s actually quite versatile due to all the ways in which the plant can be used. Hemp fibers can make things like clothing, paper, body lotion, oil, and so many more items that are used on a daily basis.
But aside from those tiny fibers, hemp also produces mighty little seeds, such as Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, that have a good amount of nutrition and health-boosting agents that can be a great part of your diet. Here are just some of the benefits they impart:
- Source of iron: A serving of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts provides 20 percent of the daily recommended value of iron. This mineral is needed to maintain healthy red blood cells and ensures that they’re carrying oxygen throughout the body properly.
- Source of fiber: Each serving of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts has 11 percent of the daily value of dietary fiber. Eating fiber may help promote better digestive health and reduce the symptoms of digestive issues.
- Source of protein: These shelled hemp seeds contain 10 grams of protein per serving. And because they’re plant-based it’s a great way for those who are vegan or vegetarian to get a regular protein intake.
- Source of omega-3 fatty acids: Each serving of these shelled hemp seeds gives the body 10 grams of omega-3 fatty acids, which are responsible for promoting a healthier balance of cholesterol, which can result in better heart health.
- They’re versatile: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts aren’t just great for health and nutrition, they’re also easy to incorporate into a daily nutrition regimen. Since they can be added to everything from yogurt to salads to smoothies, their versatility makes them an easy superfood to use regularly.
The Manitoba Harvest difference
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are different for one big reason—the company that creates them. By focusing attention only on hemp-related products, Manitoba Harvest is able to ensure maximum quality control at every single level. From the growing process to preparing to packaging, they oversee everything and make certain that all of their products are entirely natural, raw, and nutritious. Not only does the company create quality hemp food products, but they also spend time, energy, and money on educating the public about hemp’s nutritional benefits and its positive impact on human health.
Why Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are the right call
Shelled hemp seeds are a natural fit into a healthy lifestyle, and Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are the perfect choice for anyone looking to incorporate them into their diet, because they are:
- Non-GMO. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are sourced from farms that are trusted to use only non-GMO crops. This ensures no pesticides, herbicides, or growth hormones find their way into the hemp plants, and overall provide the best level of safety possible for consumers.
- Unprocessed. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts aren’t processed in any way beyond removing the shell, since it can’t be digested by the human stomach. By avoiding all other processing the company delivers a raw, Paleo-friendly food that’s perfect for nearly any nutrition plan.
- Sustainably farmed. The farms that Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are sourced from use sustainable farming practices, ensuring the least possible impact on the environment.
- Raw. Only raw, shelled hemp seeds are used in Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. No added flavors or preservatives are used—it’s just a naturally delicious product.
Using Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
The nutrition is great, but one of the best things about Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts is the wide range of uses for them. Their slightly nutty taste means that they pair perfectly with almost anything, and there are plenty of different ways to incorporate them into recipes:
- Mix into a bowl of cereal for some extra crunch, nutty flavor, and plenty of nutritional content.
- Mix into yogurt or blend into a smoothies for extra taste and a nutritional boost.
- Mix into breads and other baking recipes, crushed or whole, for extra crunch.
Other great Manitoba Harvest products
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are just the beginning of what this line offers. For those looking for more delicious hemp foods, check out these favorites:
If you’re looking to increase your protein intake with plant-based products, this powder is the way to go. It delivers protein with all the other nutrition of hemp seeds, and best of all, vegans and vegetarians can enjoy it.
These little bites are big on flavor and on nutrition. They’re great for snacking at any time, and use natural cane sugar and organic vanilla to give them a delicious taste. They also have iron, zinc, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids to provide extra nutritional value.
For chocolate lovers looking to increase protein, look no further. Organic cocoa blends with the natural nuttiness of hemp hearts to provide a snack bar that has essential vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Reviews For Hemp Hearts
Based on 25 Reviews
Love the Nutty Flavor
These make a wonderful addition to soups, stews, cereals, salads, you name it. I bought two bags and brought one to visit my parents. My mom loved it, so I left it there for her. Thinking this will be a staple in our household.
Next Best Thing To Organic
Good quality, can't tell the difference taste-wise between this and the organic brand I was buying before. If you can't get organic (store I was buying from ran out) I'd say this is the next best thing.
On that note, any chance you guys could get the organic flavor from this brand in stock? :)
Smells and tastes fresh. Nice taste.
Good in yogurt, salads, smoothies etc.
Nice and crunchy. Cheaper here than at the local health food store. Will buy again.
Hemp Heart Addict
I'm a self-confessed hemp heart addict. They are so packed with nutrition I've started making hemp milk every morning in the blender- sometimes with a smoothie but also used in baking. Sometimes plain, with vanilla, or blended with a date for sweetness. I add them to homemade granola, cookies and breads. I sprinkle them on top of pasta, soup, and roasted veggies. They have a mild taste and are good all on their own as well.
I love using this in my morning Superfood Protein Smootie!
Manitoba Hemp Hearts
I have been using hemp hearts in my cereal and in smoothies for a while. When I saw that I could get a discount as a first time orderer at Thrive, I jumped at the chance. They arrived on time and the order is exactly what I want. Thank you, Thrive. Any more great deals for repeat users?????
A healthy addition to any smoothy, salad or yogurt with a great flavor!
Healthy and good for you
I use it in my smoothie every morning. It blends very well, and I am assured that it is the best brand available.
These are a great way to add an extra boost of natural protein!
Are these products in stores,like,Whole Food? I have RA would like to get to juicing with raw cannabis? I'm on RX drugs! Thanks
- Judy Cabrero
The most that I have been able to save on this product locally has been two dollars. The savings that I have had is nearly a $5.00 difference with you and with the same freshness and quality is that I received from my local stores. Thank you for good quality foods at a substantial savings.
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
Haven't used these in a recipe yet, but I did open them and taste them (couldn't resist). They are very fresh and taste nutty. I especially appreciate that the bag has its own seal at the top.
Reminds me of sunflower seeds.
Great with yogurt, granola or by itself. My family enjoys it.
Our entire family of 6 (ages 3-49) enjoy the power packed protein of these Hemp Hearts! The value for the price and the quality of the nutrition is unbeatable! We sprinkle it on everything from rice pasta to sprouted blue corn chips and "cheeze", to our favorite gluten & dairy free pizzas~ for an incredible boost of super nutrition protein & flavor! Not just for smoothies anymore!
I guess ok. I just throw it into my smoothie in the morning.
- Veronica Frazier
They're delicious, as well as nutritious. I've been eating this brand of hemp seed for years, and I've always been happy with the quality. A bonus is that they'll last pretty much forever in your refrigerator without going rancid from my experience. I enjoy them in yogurt and oatmeal, but they make great additions to many foods and my toddler loves them as well.
Love the Manitoba hemp hearts
I use these in so many things: smoothies, shakes, in salads, in raw soups, or just a yummy spoonfull as a snack. High quality, great product.
These are delicious!
These are great in a salad or mixed in with some plain yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Leslie C.
Delicious Protein Source
Great protein source for vegetarians. Nice nutty flavor. Can be added to cereals, salads, smoothies, etc.
I've been a fan of hemp seeds ever since I first tried Hemp Hearts a couple of years ago. I have a bag in my fridge right now, and I use them with yogurt, oatmeal, salads, anything you can imagine. They're really tasty, and pack a nutritional punch. I give them to my toddler in her food as well, I'm not sure that she realizes they're there but I like the fact that I can supplement her diet so easily with these little seeds. I'm very glad to see them here on Thrive. :)
more for less
this is a good deal
These are so yummy. I didn't think they would taste that good but I ate em straight outta the bag. Nom nom nom...
They are wonderful in a kale salad. No other "nuts" like them.
These shells are fresh and taste amazing.
These shells are fresh and taste amazing. You can eat them by themselves and they can be combined with other nuts too and enjoyed for good health. I also sometimes mix them with cereal and oatmeal and they taste equally good as almonds or nuts. They are really nutritious and contain iron, protein, omega 3 and vitamin E which are very essential for normal body functions – try them once and you will love them.
- Josh Vargas
Featured on Thrive Market
Mounting scientific evidence makes it clear—meat might not always be the healthiest choice. Protein is a necessary part of a healthy, balanced diet, but because of the scary side effects of eating ...Read More
If hemp still has you picturing a stereotypical eco-conscious hippie wearing a hand-knit beanie, a worn flannel shirt, and Birkenstocks, well, it's time to update your imagination.Read More