Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Coconut Flakes, Cacao Powder, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Himalayan pink salt, and pure vanilla powder
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Coconut Brownie Bites, 6 count
The brownie has been part of our cultural palate for 123 years now. It was first invented in Chicago by the pastry chefs at the Palmer House Hotel who were tasked with creating a small, dense dessert that could be part of boxed lunches for the World Columbian Exposition of 1893. In the years since, everyone from Betty Crocker to Victoria Beckham has come up with their own take on the original recipe—while all slightly different, the one thing they have in common is tons of sugar.
While traditional brownies taste great (can you even imagine a Posh Spice brownie?), the excess amounts of sugar can lead to a crash shortly after eating, making you feel groggy, sluggish, and tired. Even worse, the loads of saturated fats and calories can lead to more long-term health effects and weight gain. If there was only a way you could eat a better brownie, right?
Say hello to Goodbites. Their Coconut Brownie Bites are made with only organic ingredients and known superfoods like coconut flakes, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and sea salt that pack in a ton of flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your health goals. Because these delectable little treats are naturally sweetened with raw ingredients, Goodbites Coconut Brownie Bites are verified vegan, gluten, and non-GMO. Each pack has three tasty treats that are both delicious and nutritious.
The health benefits of coconut
Coconut flakes are a common addition to desserts and sweets, adding texture and a slightly exotic flavor. When joined with coconut oil (as in Goodbites brownie bites), treats get a super healthy superfood boost that can lead to:
- More energy. Coconut meat has long been misunderstood and was stigmatized for years because of its high fat content. In actuality, those fats are made up of good-for-you medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which go straight to the liver and get transformed into instant fuel (rather than being stored as fat). This provides your body with an instant boost of energy without contributing to blood sugar spikes, an important benefit for diabetics.
- Weight loss. The fuel provided by coconuts increases the body’s metabolic rate, making it easier to burn fat. Coconuts also promote a healthy thyroid, which is a gland vital for weight management and other important functions.
- Heart health. Coconut has high amounts of vitamins A and E as well as polyphenols and phytosterols. When combined, they work together to decrease levels of LDL cholesterol. This is the type of cholesterol stays in the blood and has been associated with risks for cardiovascular disease and other heart issues. Coconuts also promote healthy counts of red blood cells, which allow the heart, and overall body, operate at peak performance.
The health benefits of cacao
When some hear cacao, they immediately think of chocolate. And when thinking about chocolate, some associate it with a sinful indulgence that is bad for health. However, cacao is completely separate from the processed milk chocolate bars that are full of sugars.
That’s because, when milk gets added in, the dairy completely blocks the absorption of the rich nutrients in cacao, including protein, calcium, carotene, riboflavin, magnesium, flavonoids, and even more antioxidants than many fruits and vegetables. By itself, cacao can add a delectable and bittersweet taste to a dessert and benefit the body in a number of great ways with the power to:
- Reverse insulin resistance. Insulin helps our bodies break down glucose (or the simple sugar used for metabolism). Those whose bodies have stopped responding normally to insulin often struggle with weight gain. Once this happens, glucose doesn’t get used as fuel but instead builds up in the blood, leading to diabetes. To reverse insulin resistance, regular exercise, a good diet, and the powerful nutrients in foods like cacao can improve cell response and lower blood lipid levels.
- Improve heart health. Flavanols are a beneficial nutrient found in plants. They occur naturally in many teas and a number of delicious fruits like apples, grapes, and blueberries. Cacao is also a rich source. Flavanols promote healthy blood vessel function and have an incredibly positive effect on cardiovascular health, which can help to prevent heart disease. Cacao flavanols in particular are really good at reducing systolic blood pressure.
- Protect against free radical damage. Cacao possesses a lot of antioxidants, which protect cells from the regular damage that comes from daily exposure to toxins, stress, sun damage, and inflammation. By themselves, these might not do a lot of damage, but combined and over time, they can lead to bigger issues like cancer.
- Improve mood. Not only does the chocolatey flavor taste great, cacao is also scientifically proven to make people feel better. Natural compounds, like phenylethylamine, serotonin, and anandamide, boost moods, make people feel alert and content, and activate pleasure centers in the brain.
Brownie bites a la mode
Although Goodbites Coconut Brownie Bites taste good on their own, you can also get creative with snacks and desserts by pairing them with other flavorful and healthy treats, such as this instant ice cream. All you need is some almond milk, a frozen banana, and cinnamon. Blend together, and in less than five minutes, you’ll have soft serve that provides even more health benefits and tastes great alongside gooey brownie bites.
More about Goodbites
Goodbites was founded by Angelica Xavier who began making her own raw, vegan foods after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune disorder affecting the thyroid gland. As she looked for a cure for her illness, Xavier she turned to food to heal and nourish her body and, in so doing, experienced a massive change in the way she felt.
While maintaining a raw and vegan diet might not be as big of a challenge at mealtimes, snacking certainly is. Few options exist, and the ones that do can tend to lack in the flavor department. Xavier opted to create her own treats that combined health benefits and great taste, and with Goodbites, she’s able to share those recipes with others. Each food item is created from unique and nutrient-dense superfoods that do the body good and taste good, too.
Reviews For Coconut Brownie Bites, 6 count
Based on 8 Reviews
My latest addiction!
These were a free gift with my last purchase and OH MY GOODNESS! They are so good! I love everything about them- the taste, the texture, the wholesome ingredients. My only complaint is that they are addicting and it's really difficult to not eat the entire bag in one sitting. These will definitely be a new staple in my house for when I need a sweet fix. I'm excited to try their other products as well.
These are so yummy! I love that you can taste the cacao bite and the coconut comes in to save the day with a hint of sweetness and lovely texture. Sweetened with maple syrup, these "cookies" have just 3g of sugar each. Yay!
- Sarah Ramm
So. Damn. Good.
I could inhale the bag. Thank you for being you, Goodbites.
- McGuire McGuire
My kinda yummy
I have multiple food allergies and live on a very strict diet. These will be a staple at my house from now on. Yummy and quality ingredients. Can't go wrong with that!
These are delicious. Simple ingredients combined to make an absolutely craveable little treat.
Coconut Brownie Bites
These little treats taste wonderful! It is easy to tell that the coconut is raw as it is a little chewy. The chocolate is fairly dark, but not too dark! It's just right for me! They come in very small portions and are quite expensive. Would taste divine if dipped in chocolate! :)
These are absolutely perfect - not too sweet, with some pleasant dark-chocolate bitterness, and a perfect texture! I could not put the bag down until I ate them all in one sitting :)
coconut brownie bits
if you like the dark chocolate taste this is your bite :)
Featured on Thrive Market
Angelica Xavier hadn’t been to the doctor in 10 years. Vegan, active, an avid yogi and runner, Xavier was the picture of clean living—she barely even caught a cold.Read More
If you aren’t watching the game with appetizers in hand (and washing it all down with a cold brewski), you aren’t doing it right.Read More