SHOP BY CATEGORY
GoMacro is a family-owned brand that is dedicated to making delicious snack bars from wholesome, natural ingredients that you recognize. No mystery additives, no preservatives, and no GMOs here—just minimal, tasty goodness.
The company’s philosophy is deeply rooted in wellness and balance, which is reflected in their macrobiotic foods as well as their dedication to giving back to smaller communities—and the world.
GoMacro believes the world’s forests and oceans are our most important resources, therefore they source their ingredients from local growers that abide by fair and safe standards for both workers and the environment.What is the idea behind macrobiotics?
The system known as macrobiotics can be used to support health goals, through using both traditional wisdom and modern knowledge that reveals underlying causes of an individual’s current health problems. Once these issues are addressed, adjustments are made to their food and lifestyle choices in order to support a healthy lifestyle. Simply put, the philosophy of macrobiotics recognizes the profound effects that food, the environment, activities, and attitude all have on our body, mind, and emotions.
Breast cancer awareness
One reason behind GoMacro’s stringent allegiance to their values stems from the founder’s own experience. In 2003, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. Kirchoff responded by changing her diet and doing her own investigative health research. She credits her macrobiotic diet with helping her overcome cancer, which ultimately motivated her to create GoMacro.
Paying it forward
When you support GoMacro, you indirectly support several other noble causes near and dear to the hearts of those that run the company. GoMacro believes that by helping others, together we can change the world. Therefore they support a variety of causes, including the following:
- Bright Pink: A non-profit organization on a mission to save women’s lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering them to be proactive at a young age.
- Kushi Institute: GoMacro also gives to this famous institute in Massachusetts, which has provided macrobiotic education and health recovery programs for many years.
- Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary: The 400-acre non-profit refuge for farm animals and wildlife relies completely on donations, including those from GoMacro.
- The local community: GoMacro gives back to area programs in Southwest Wisconsin by using locally sourced ingredients. This is designed to stimulate their neighboring economy and provide more jobs for farmers and workers.
Fans and partners
GoMacro is proud to be a partner with individuals from the U.S. Olympics Team, Womens U.S. Soccer Team, Baby Boot Camp, and Karna Fitness. Check out the ways their customers and fans are using MacroBars to stay healthy and nourished:
- Going for gold: U.S. women’s rower, Taylor Ritzel, swears GoMacro bars have helped her reach her goal of going to the Olympics. She claims she ate “at least on bar every day in between practices.”
- Breaking through: GoMacro is now the official sponsor of U.S. Soccer Player Beverly Goebel. She claims it “has helped me to focus on my health while competing.” And with the amount of time she spends traveling she’s able to have a healthy bar that keeps her nutrition in check.
- Strolling along: GoMacro is also now the official nutrition bar sponsor of Baby Boot Camp and Karna Fitness. The nutrition bar company understands how challenging it can be to stay healthy and fit, let alone with a baby.
The company offers a bevy of nutritious, tasty bars that align with their macrobiotic principles and are perfect for any time of the day. Here are just a couple of their products to try:
Organic Balanced Goodness Bar
This gluten-free granola bar incorporates huge chunks of walnuts, dates, raisins, and coconut. It’s low in fat with ample fiber and is one of GoMacro’s best sellers. It’s also great for a meal replacement, as an energy supplement, before a grueling workout, or to bring on a hike.
The ingredient list is also very straightforward. This bar contains organic brown rice syrup, organic gluten-free rolled oats, organic raisins, organic almond butter, organic walnuts, organic unsweetened coconut, organic dates, and organic puffed brown rice. No mysterious unpronounceable ingredients in here.
Prolonged Power Bar
The fruity taste of banana is the most flavorful component of this bar, and it’s complemented nicely with almond butter, sunflower seeds, and chunks of walnut. It’s also packed with 10 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber, giving you power to help extend your daily energy reserves.
You might notice that the wholesome ingredients in this bar are ones you may already know: organic brown rice syrup, organic almond butter, organic protein blend, organic bananas, organic puffed brown rice, organic sunflower seeds, organic walnuts, organic coconut sugar, organic cinnamon, and organic natural banana flavor.