Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
100% pure organic honey.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Why You’ll Love Pure Organic Honey
When it comes to ancient foods, few can compare to honey. One of the oldest food sources on the planet, honey has been used for centuries from sweetening foods and drinks to medicinal purposes. Thanks to Madava, it provides Pure Organic Honey in its natural state and comes straight from the hive. This means you don’t have to worry about any added preservatives, colorings, or chemicals and can enjoy nature’s candy without worry.
Pure, certified organic honey means that you get a golden honey that is filled with natural, raw pollens and rich flavor. Instead of adding additional sweeteners or heating it to high temperatures to simplify the processing, Madava Pure Organic Honey is heated only enough to facilitate bottling. This ensures that all pollens and flavors are completely intact.
Health benefits of honey
Honey is not only one of the oldest foods on the planet, but also one of the healthiest. It contains a wide range of nutrients, minerals, antioxidants, and flavonoids that all help to create a natural superfood and makes it worth fitting into the daily meal plan. Additionally, since Madava Pure Organic Honey is 100 percent natural and unfiltered, it delivers the highest amount of those benefits.
Eating two tablespoons of pure honey a day is a great way to get various nutrients, but just adding it to recipes can also help provide a boost. Here are just a few of the health benefits that Madava Pure Organic Honey can provide to those who eat it regularly.
- Antibacterial – When it's created by bees, the insects add a special enzyme that helps create hydrogen peroxide. This trace amount of hydrogen peroxide provides antibacterial properties, giving those who eat honey a boost to fight infections.
- Gut health – Honey can include as many as 10 different species of healthy bacteria. This delivers probiotic health in the gut, which in turn can improve digestion and help you feel more energized.
- Blood sugar management – Honey is far different than processed sugars or artificial sweeteners that are so prevalent in many diets. Since it contains fructose and glucose, it helps to regulate blood sugar levels properly. Additionally, because of the low hypoglycemic index honey has, it won’t cause blood sugar levels to spike dramatically and is a better choice for diabetics to use as a sweetener.
- Improves allergies – Honey contains pollen, which can help trigger immune responses to coax the body into producing antibodies to pollen in the air. It can also create anti-inflammatory effects that will help soothe airways and prevent seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Energy boosts – Honey has about 17 grams of carbs for every tablespoon. This is pure, unprocessed sugar that can provide a quick boost of energy to the body without the ‘sugar crash’ that can sometimes occur with processed sugars.
- Cough suppressant – Honey can also help control cough. In fact, a 2012 study found that kids between 1 and 5 years old who received two teaspoons of honey just 30 minutes before bed coughed much less frequently than those who didn’t. The reason is that honey coats the throat and helps protect nerve ending when coughing.
- Reduced ulcers – Honey can help alleviate things like ulcers or gastroenteritis due to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Combined with improved digestion that it brings, Madava Pure Organic Honey could be a key part of better stomach health.
It’s important to note that Madava Pure Organic Honey’s provides the highest level of antioxidants and anti-bacterial compounds. Furthermore, it also includes vitamins and trace minerals that filtered, processed honey will not contain.
Great recipes to use with Madava Pure Organic Honey
While Madava Pure Organic Honey is great all on its own, in really shines when used in recipes. The options are endless, as it can be added to tea and smoothies, drizzled on pancakes and waffles, or mixed into yogurt with granola. The rich taste of honey sweetens foods without the drawbacks of refined sugars, and the lack of any added chemicals keeps your meals organic. Here are some ways to add it in your meals right at home:
Yogurt is packed with probiotics to improve gut health and digestion, and also provides essential nutrients like vitamin D and calcium. This recipe replaces plain yogurt with healthier Greek yogurt, and uses honey in place of sugar to create a snack that is great any time of the day.
Cookies may not sound like they’re great for breakfast, but this combination of almonds, oats, and pecans provides plenty of protein and fiber to promote good digestion. With the addition of raw honey, it helps add sweetness to them without the need for processed sugar.
Soaking strawberries in honey for an hour helps infuse them with a delicious taste, softens the texture, and creates a delicious sauce mingled with herbs like mint and ginger. Combined with fresh yogurt, it’s a great breakfast, brunch, or snack for those looking to eat healthier.
Fresh berries and decadent coconut create a flavor explosion that invokes the feeling of summer. Sweetened with a touch of honey, it’s a great dessert to enjoy on a warm day, or have poolside with a friend.
Reviews For Pure Organic Honey
Based on 20 Reviews
I love this honey. Aside from raw honey, it's my favorite.
I like it...just used to a sweeter honey but it's still pretty great!
good honey; great price
Excellent product, would def. buy again!
This honey is amazing! Perfect balance.
the bottle i got has large sugar crystal in it, hard to get it out, and unpleasant to eat.
Picky about honey
I am pretty picky when it comes to honey. I don't like the weird taste in most store bought honey. I like a local guys honey the best, but he sells out way too fast so I tried this one out. It is pretty good, however there is a weird slightly minty/fresh green type flavor in it that I wasn't fond of.
Great price and excellent flavor.
Such a great honey
I'm not a huge honey fan. I like a little in my tea and thats about it. However, this honey is DELICIOUS. Like seriously good. I drizzle it lightly over my salad with some good olive oil and salt and pepper. Delicious!
really nice honey
Wasn't sure how I'd feel about this honey, But I LOVE it. It's very sweet and has a good flavor.
Pure Organic Honey
Extremely fresh and clean tasting.
Wonderful. Great product!
Love This Honey!
Amazing taste and texture. Definitely will order again.
Love this honey
Pure honey has so many benefits that people may not know about. For example, I use this honey with lemon for a quick energy boost between lunch and dinner. Honey has a high glucose content, so it gets into your bloodstream quickly for an instant boost of energy, but it also has fructose, which is released slower in your blood, and gives you a longer feeling of renewed strength. I also use this honey as a bedtime drink with warm water and lemon, which helps give me a soothing sleep. This organic honey is fantastic for many uses.
Pure honey goodness
This is just a pure natural honey that doesn't have any artificial ingredients. It's just honey, raw and organic and I use it for baking, and for pouring over toast and even to sweeten my coffee and tea. I know this is naturally derived sugar, so it's not as worrying to me when I use this in moderation, and I know that honey has real health benefits. I sued to buy this at my natural food store, but they stopped stocking it, so having Thrive is awesome.
- Caroln O'Toole
Featured on Thrive Market
It's that moment that every parent dreads. One second your little angel is as calm as can be, and the next, the hangry monster comes out—waving off the apple slices and begging for cookies.Read More