Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Certified Organic Unrefined Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bottled in a facility that handles nut, peanut and soybean oils.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
What’s one product almost every kitchen has at all times? Olive oil. Used for countless cooking applications, flavoring ideas, and even some beauty regimens, olive oil is as common to a household as butter or milk—and choosing the right kind is just as important in order to obtain the best quality.
Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) comes from a small family-owned business that specializes in creating artisanal oils and vinegars. Their EVOO is made from 100 percent organic olives that have been cold-pressed to ensure only pure liquid is extracted; the oil is then left unfiltered and unrefined to maximize the flavor and preserve the healthy fats inside.
With such a clean manufacturing process, Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is Non-GMO Project Verified and certified organic by the USDA. It’s also free of trans fats and cholesterol and comes in a recyclable bottle, which means you are doing yourself and the world a favor every time you use it.
How is olive oil made?
Olive oil is a type of healthy fat which—as the name might imply—is obtained from olives.
Making great olive oil is an art that Napa Valley Naturals does not take lightly. First, producers choose luscious, fresh, organic olives from specialty trees grown in the Mediterranean. The batch is then ground down into a paste-like substance with the use of large millstones or steel drums. It then goes through a process called malaxation, which is just a fancy way of saying that water is slowly introduced and stirred into the paste; this goes on for 20 to 40 minutes until the desired flavor and consistency is reached.
The mixture is then usually sent through a centrifuge to extract the oil. When this happens, the solid remnants of the olive oil are pushed to the side of the machine while the oil gathers in the core where it’s eventually collected.
The difference between virgin and extra virgin olive oil
The main difference between these two types is in the refining process. Extra virgin olive oil is unrefined and unfiltered, which produces a more defined flavor and a nutrient-dense product that better retains the vitamins and minerals of the olive. Virgin vs. extra virgin olive oil is also qualified by the amount of oleic acid present in the liquid. The International Olive Council breaks it down as such:
- Extra virgin olive oil contains a maximum fatty acid percentage of 0.8 percent, or 0.8 grams of oleic acid for every 100 grams of olive oil.
- Virgin olive oil contains a maximum fatty acid percentage of 2 percent, or 2 grams of oleic acid for every 100 grams of olive oil.
- Regular olive oil contains a maximum fatty acid percentage of 3.3 percent, or 3.3 grams of oleic acid for every 100 grams of olive oil.
Anything with more than 3.3 percent concentration of oleic acid is considered unfit for human consumption and is used for industrial purposes only.
Health benefits of olive oil
Not only is olive oil a great way to cook and flavor many foods, but it’s also full of health benefits.
- Source of good fats: First, olive oil is full of healthy unsaturated fats that are good for your heart and have been seen to lower risks of heart disease and levels of bad cholesterol. “The American Journal of Medicine” has conducted numerous studies that have found that cholesterol levels dropped significantly when participants replaced trans and saturated fats with the healthy fats found in olive oil.
- An antioxidant: Olive oil contains large amounts of polyphenols, substances that may help protect the body from degenerative diseases as well as increase the speed and efficiency of blood circulation.
- Pain relief: Extra virgin olive oil also contains a natural compound called oleocanthal. Studies show that oleocanthal may contain anti-inflammatory properties, which means the oil acts in some ways like a natural version of ibuprofen.
Extra virgin olive oil is great for skin and hair, too
It is believed that Cleopatra used olive oil as a central part of her beauty regimen back in the days of ancient Egypt. In fact, the oil has been used for millennia as a hair conditioner and lotion thanks to its inherent hydration and anti-aging properties. Here are just a few of the ways that you can use olive oil for skin and hair care.
- Eye makeup remover: Unlike many other chemical-laden beauty products that have instructions to avoid the eyes, olive oil is disarmingly good for the sensitive skin around your peepers. It doesn’t have toxic ingredients that could cause irritation or clog pores and is quite effective at removing even the most stubborn eye makeup. Rub a small amount on a cotton ball and wipe over your lids; be sure to apply around the eye area, too, which will help to moisturize lashes and hydrate any dark circles.
- Deep hair conditioner: Having perfect hair can sometimes feel like a distant dream, especially when you consider how expensive salon treatments can be. Here’s a simple trick you can try instead—mix one egg yolk and a small amount of warmed-up olive oil and apply to your hair from the roots to the tips. Leave on for about 15 minutes and shampoo and condition as normal. Once dried, you’ll notice remarkably soft and shiny strands that are much easier to manage. The nourishing properties in the oil can also help with dandruff and prevent hair loss.
- Repair damaged skin and lips: Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that is full of vitamins A and E. These nutrients heal even extreme dryness in the skin and can help protect it from harmful overexposure to the sun. Chapped lips can also benefit: Mix olive oil with coarse sugar for a lip scrub that will reveal a super supple new pair.
Reviews For Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Based on 38 Reviews
I honestly purchased this olive oil for it's packing. But, I keep using because it stays fresh and yummy! The top has a built in cork which helps the preserve the flavor.
This is a great tasting olive oil at a great price especially for organic!
GOOD oil, BIG bottle! It's the size of a wine bottle. Great price for the amount.
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I like it and will reorder in the future.
California extra Virgin Olive Oil
This olive oil has became a pantry staple of mine. The flavor is robust and earthy. A perfect compliment to my lunch time salads. I just drizzle a little and I'm good to go. I definitely recommend this olive oil.
Best Olive Oil Ever
Fantastic taste. Fresh, pure olive oil. Nothing else. Best press ever. Thank you.
- Linda Raden
The best texture and tasting olive oil I have ever tasted!
I've been buying this brand of olive oil almost exclusively for 3 years. In my last shipment the bottles have had cloudy oil that doesn't taste at all like their olive oil. I'm wondering if they are now mixing the oil too?
I absolutely love this olive oil it has a great taste. I sauté my vegetables in it. They are absolutely delicious.
Didn't use it yet..but was packaged well and arrived safely. Good price but will need to try it.
Unfortunately I didn't get to try it. It came broken and all over the box.
Haven't opened it yet ! Sorry...
my favorite olive oil
I only use extra virgin organic olive oil...and this one is my favorite. The flavor is not too strong or weak and the bottle does not have one of those plastic things on the top that makes it hard to get any decent amount of oil out. I love it... And the bottle is elegant and can be used for wine if you make your own wine. What more can you ask for in a bottle of olive oil?
Great taste. Reasonably priced. Cooks well.
- D. Straatmann
First Class! One of the Best!
I enjoy a good olive oil. After 50 years of taste testing, I am very happy to have found this brand. It is not a staple in my pantry.
This olive oil taste so good and the price can't be beat. I continue to order this.
Really good olive oil.
Love the taste, quality and aroma. I could practically eat a teaspoon plain (and I can't say that about many oils).
Just what I wanted a bargain and great oil!
Will purchase again.
Great value, great Taste!
We use olive oil daily and this is a great tasting oil that goes well with all dishes and is fairly priced! Organic also!
Such a light olive oil but still amazingly tasty! Best olive oil I've ever had!
I trust the quality of this oil. I'm enjoying my 2nd bottle.
I was so excited when I found this olive oil on Thrive! Where I work it's $20 and even with my discount it was $16... You can not beat Thrives price!!! This oil is my favorite!! Very high quality!! My family approves and so will yours :)
Best Olive Oil
This is by far my favorite olive oil to cook with. You will not be disappointed. Very high quality!
A very good tasting olive oil. I will buy again
Typically use coconut oil for most of my cooking. However, when I use olive oil- it's only Napa Valley. It has a really great flavor. I find most olive oils just taste like oil, they don't have the rich flavor I find with this product. Only thing I don't like is the spout. It's large so the oil pours fast.
Great oil for the price
This is a good quality olive oil and is priced reasonably. I also love the pour spout!
I was disappointed to find that the organic olive oil from Napa valley was actually grown in Tunisia or Spain according to the very fine print on the bottle but not noted anywhere on the product description online.
Love this olive oil. Wouldn't use anything else.
Best price and quality!
I try my best to feed all organic and non-gmo foods to my family, but was finding that organic olive oil was ridiculously expensive. When I did find some that wasn't outrageously overpriced, it seemed almost like they had watered it down somehow.
This olive oil has the perfect consistency, color, and flavor! It quickly became my go-to olive oil brand. I've been buying it from another site for about a year, and was so thrilled to find it here for nearly half the price!
- Ora Clarke
Was looking for more of the olive taste.
This olive oil is by far one of the lightest I have tasted. Everything I added it to settled so well in my stomach and the consistency is just perfect...smooth and not as runny. However, I was anticipating a more potent olive flavor. Compared to other olive oils I have used, it lacked in that department.
- Daisy L.
I love that I can trust the fact that I am getting a genuine and organic EVOO when I'm using this product. I use it in almost all of my cooking. I've also steered away from the generic brands of olive oil because they seem to taste too much like olives to me but I don't feel that way with this one, I add it to my salads and it is great!
- Sabrina Padilla
Great olive oil
I was happy with this olive oil. It tastes good, and is a good consistency (not too runny....like cheaper ones at the grocery store). Love that it's organic.
This is the perfect cooking oil for any food. I used it with my dinner, and the whole thing was bursting with flavor. It's also healthy too, so I don't have to worry about the fats and calories. I eat organic, and I was pleased with the taste this organic olive oil had to it.
- Grant Snyder
Super clean oil!
This oil is so nice! Tastes really clean. I use it in just above everything, except for baking of course. I won't buy any other olive oil at this point!
- Ms. Jensen