Our Health & Safety Practices During COVID-19April 3rd, 2020
While the COVID-19 crisis is evolving every day, our commitments remain the same: to provide you, our members, with the highest-quality natural products safely, while also protecting the well-being of our employees and partners.
Today, we wanted to share some details about how we’re living these commitments during the crisis, including enhancing our already-stringent product safety practices; enacting new measures to protect the health and well-being of our employees; and making sure we’re reaching those families most affected by the crisis.
Enhanced Safety Measures
With so many things uncertain right now, the safety of the products you bring into your home shouldn’t be one of them. That’s why we’ve chosen to go beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control on safe distancing in our warehouses by also:
– Running daily deep cleaning protocols at the start of every shift across both warehouses
– Implementing required cleaning procedures throughout every shift, including full workstation wipedowns
– Providing sanitary gloves and hand sanitizer to every employee to use throughout their shift
– Supplying masks for all roles requiring less than 6 feet of social distancing
– Utilizing hospital-grade thermometers for employees to check their temperatures each time they enter the building
Employee Health + Well-Being
In addition to ensuring that every product you receive from Thrive Market is clean and safe, the measures above also help protect our nearly 400 warehouse employees, who have been working around the clock in recent weeks to make sure our members get the products they need. To show our gratitude and support for our warehouse teams during this unprecedented time, we are:
– Providing additional compensation to show our appreciation
– Paying double the hourly rate for all overtime hours worked
– Granting approved leave to all warehouse employees who are unable to work with no risk to their employment status
– Offering up to two weeks’ paid time off to any warehouse employee who is quarantined due to COVID-19
Helping Those Most In Need
Finally, while so many are facing immense challenges, we’ve decided to take specific steps to ensure that those who need healthy groceries most right now can access Thrive Market regardless of their financial position. Over just two weeks, our Thrive Market COVID-19 Relief Fund has raised over $90,000 in member donations—matched by us dollar for dollar—to provide grocery stipends for families facing lost wages, unforeseen childcare costs, or other hardship due to the crisis.
If you want to learn more about these efforts, you can read about the Thrive Market COVID-Relief Fund here or get the latest updates on our safety measures here. The current crisis is changing a lot of things, but it won’t change our focus on getting you the highest-quality healthy products or our conviction around our most important commitments: to your health and safety, to the well-being of our employees, and to the needs of those families most affected by the crisis.
Yours in Health,
The Thrive Market Team