SHOP BY CATEGORY
Founded by a Costa Rican herbalist, Anima Mundi offers handcrafted herbal medicines to support people from all walks of life. Anima Mundi botanical blends feature reishi, ashwagandha, astragalus, ginseng, cordyceps, and dozens of other adaptogenic herbs. These adaptogens work with your body to return it to harmony. Besides providing high-quality natural health support, sustainability is another one of the brand’s main priorities. Anima Mundi sources ingredients from native people in Central and South America and supports small farmers with robust fair trade practices. That means you can feel good about shopping these ethically-sourced herbs. All Anima Mundi botanical blends are made in New York City by aspiring herbalists. Welcome to the Anima Mundi apothecary.
The History of Anima Mundi
Adriana Ayales founded Anima Mundi in Brooklyn, NY, with the goal of bringing ancient, herbal medicines to the modern world. When she left her home in Costa Rica for New York City, she brought with her a strong understanding of alternative therapeutic traditions from Ayurveda, Chinese-Daoist Medicine, European-style alchemy, and rainforest tribal medicine. Today you’ll find over 200 herbs in Anima Mundi products that are expertly combined into adaptogenic blends. Anima Mundi is constantly introducing new formulas so it’s definitely a brand worth following.
Anima Mundi Company Mission
According to Anima Mundi, it’s mission is “to preserve the wisdom of ancient botany.” It does this by:
- Selecting only the freshest botanicals for inclusion in its products
- Sourcing ingredients from small farms the brand knows and respects
- Handcrafting its tonics, superherbs, and elixirs in a dedicated laboratory in NYC
- Ensuring top quality for all of its herbs and botanicals
The result is a top-notch modern apothecary with deep roots in ancient medicine.
Benefits of Anima Mundi
Anima Mundi isn’t your average herbal supplement provider—here’s why:
- Handcrafted by herbalists: Its unique herbal formulas are made by skillful hands to support modern lifestyles with the best ingredients nature has to offer.
- Fresh botanicals: All ingredients have been carefully selected to ensure the highest quality.
- Energy support: Adaptogenic herbs may help balance energy levels, combat fatigue, and reduce stress.
- Ethically sourced: The brand gets its herbs from indigenous people in tropical regions.
- Fair trade: The brand strongly supports fair wages for small farmers.
- Superfood benefits: The brand’s blends feature superfood botanicals like suma (Brazillian Ginseng), reishi, cordyceps, and ashwagandha.
Top Anima Mundi Products
Check out these highly-reviewed herbal remedies from Anima Mundi:
Adaptogenic Mushroom Powder
A proprietary blend of seven mushrooms, this cacao-enhanced powder harnesses adaptogenic wisdom to bring your body back into balance.
Plant Based Collagen Booster
Mangosteen Hibiscus Beauty Powder
Add this beauty tonic to your tea or smoothie for a dose of antioxidants from mangosteen and hibiscus.
Your Guide To Adaptogens
Adaptogens are called “adapt”-ogens because they can help your body adapt to whatever life throws your way. Keep reading to learn more about how this works.
What are adaptogens? Discover four popular adaptogens and their benefits in this illuminating post.
9 Adaptogens for Energy and Stress Reduction
Learn about ashwagandha, astragalus, holy basil, and six more adaptogenic herbs that may help increase resilience to life’s ups and downs.
Want to Start Your Own Apothecary? Learn How With Anima Mundi
Aspiring herbalists, take note. In this post, Anima Mundi founder Adriana Ayales shares simple tips for developing your own home “farm-acy”.