Do you eat salmon regularly? If not, no problem. Carlson Labs brings you the benefits of fish (hello, healthy fats!) in supplement form—with high-quality fish oil, cod liver oil, and vitamin D products to support your healthy lifestyle. Let’s take a closer look at vitamin D and omega 3 fats, both essential nutrients in Carlson’s supplement line. Vitamin D helps to regulate so many health-promoting genes that it’s actually considered a hormone! And omega 3s EPA and DHA are best known for cardiovascular benefits and to support healthy cognition and response to inflammation. It’s important, however, to choose your omega 3 supplements wisely. Try to find fish oils that have been carefully stored for freshness and tested for purity to avoid contamination from toxic compounds like lead and PCBs. You can rest easy with Carlson Labs because they source only the purest fish oil from deep Norwegian waters. Quality guaranteed.
The History of Carlson Labs
John and Sue Carlson started Carlson Labs in 1965. In the beginning, they only sold vitamin E, but by the 1980s, the company began importing high-quality fish oil from Norway—a move that helped launch the omega 3 market in the United States. Today, Carlson Labs provides happy customers with over 200 products including fish oil, cod liver oil, vitamins, minerals, and other supplements. To this day, it remains a family-owned and operated business.
Carlson Labs Company Mission
The company is on a mission to bring you the most pure, potent, fresh, and eco-friendly supplements. Here’s a deeper dive on the brand’s achievements.
Carlson Labs is:
- Certified by the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program, the only third party testing program for fish oils.
- Certified by Friend of the Sea as a sustainable seafood producer.
- A 2016 Best of Supplements Award winner (by Better Nutrition magazine)
- A 2017 Essentials Award winner (by Taste for Life magazine).
Benefits of Carlson Labs
When it comes to omega 3 and vitamin D supplements, Carlson strives for quality and effectiveness. Here’s why:
- Purity guaranteed: Fish oils tested for lead, PCBs, and 28 other contaminants.
- Fresh fish oil: Processed and bottled in Norway to ensure freshness.
- High-potency: Clinical doses of omega 3 fatty acid for maximum benefits.
- Anti-inflammatory: Fish oils have been shown to reduce inflammation.
- Brain health: Omega 3 fatty acids help support cognitive health.
- Healthy bones and immune function: Both rely on adequate vitamin D status.
- Great value: High-quality fish oil and vitamin D at affordable prices.
- Sustainable: Eco-friendly fishing practices certified by Friend of the Sea.
Top Carlson Labs Products
Our members love these nutritional supplements from Carlson Labs. Explore a few of their favorite products below.
This deep water fish oil gives you the benefits of omega 3s in a convenient, multi-use liquid. Plus, its purity and potency have been verified by an FDA-registered third party lab.
Rich in vitamin A, vitamin D, and the omega 3s EPA and DHA—this ancient health remedy has a pleasant lemon tang that makes it easy to swallow.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children get 400 iu of vitamin D per day. What’s an easy solution? One drop of this vitamin D3 supplement.
Fish Oil 101
What is fish oil? What health benefits do omega 3s offer? How does fish oil compare to flaxseed oil? Read on to get the full scoop.
Learn the basics of omega 3, the latest research on fish oil, the various forms of fish oil, and more in this science-driven post.
All fats are not created equal. Learn how EPA and DHA—the marine omega 3s—can support your heart, brain, and mood.
Vegans and vegetarians love flaxseed oil for a boost of plant-based omega 3s. Read on to learn about the differences between omegas 3s in flax and fish.