SHOP BY CATEGORY
Sometimes protein bars are just protein bars, but sometimes they become something more than just another snack option. Clif Bar is a perfect example of how an outstanding product, when produced thoughtfully, can create great waves of change. Since its origins back in the early ’90s, Clif Bar has set the bar for food brands in terms of high-quality, organic ingredients, sustainability, and employee recognition. Though the company started with a simple concept—a tastier approach to nutrition bars—it has since evolved into a snacking megabrand, boasting an array of products for athletes, kids, and people who just love wholesome snacks. Here’s how Clif Bar is helping us “feed our adventure” and then some.
The History of Clif Bar
Clif Bar launched in 1992 after founder Gary Erickson recognized a need in the market for a better-tasting energy bar made with nutrient-dense, wholesome ingredients. Erickson’s mom helped him develop the right recipe to serve as the base for his bars, while his father, Clifford, inspired the company’s name. Cyclists and climbers flocked to the bars, but Clif Bar has since gone on to become one of the most beloved healthy snack brands out there.
Clif Bar Company Mission
Clif Bar has distilled its company mission into five aspirations: sustaining its business, brands, people, community, and the planet. Using these guideposts, Clif Bar has built a resilient company that’s prepared for the long-term and works tirelessly to create products with integrity, quality, and authenticity while valuing employees (and encouraging a work/life balance). The company also supports worthy causes (like the Special Olympics) and employs earth-friendly production processes.
Benefits of Clif Bar
Clif Bar offers great-tasting, wholesome snacks that are convenient to enjoy wherever your day may take you, all with a range of benefits. Here are just a few:
- All products are made with made with sustainable, organic ingredients; packed in environment-friendly packaging; and delivered using eco-friendly means to reduce the company’s carbon footprint.
- In 2012, Clif Bar’s headquarters was awarded LEED® Platinum certification, the highest standard buildings can earn for sustainability practices.
- The company diverts 85 percent of its office waste from local landfills thanks to waste reduction, recycling, and composting.
- Employee happiness is central to Clif Bar’s culture. Not only are team members provided with an onsite fitness center, personal trainers, and concierge services such as haircuts and organic produce delivery, but they can also opt for a flexible workweek. They’re also encouraged to participate in volunteer opportunities during the workday.
- The company has been named a best place to work by both Outside and Fortune magazines.
Top Clif Bar Products
Pump up your pantry with these energizing snacks.
In search of a healthy candy swap for your next family road trip? These organic fruit snacks deliver chewy sweetness without refined sugar. (We bet your little ones won’t notice.)
These distinctive snack bars are filled with a blend of two nut butters (almond and cashew) to keep you fueled all day, while organic rolled oats and wild blueberries evoke the flavor of a fresh blueberry muffin.
It might taste like a candy bar, but this satisfying snack delivers 20 grams of high-quality protein per serving to support muscle repair. And unlike many of its competitors, it’s made without trans fats, high-fructose corn syrup, or partially-hydrogenated oils.
You Might Like
If you’re serious about snacking, you’ll love these better-for-you bites.
Short on ingredients, big on flavor: These surprisingly simple but superior snacks come in with just six ingredients or fewer (see ya, preservatives!) so you can feel good about your midday munchies.
Paleo? Vegetarian? Vegan? No problem! There’s something healthy and delicious to suit the diet of every traveler in your car thanks to our go-to list of road trip snacking essentials.
Step away from the vending machine and get a handle on your in-office snacking addiction. From thinking ahead to stocking your desk with nutritious options to keep you fueled, these helpful tips will keep you on track.