Ethical Bean Coffee
Ethical Bean Coffee is on a mission to bring delicious fair trade coffee to you and yours. Fair trade coffee, by the way, means small coffee farmers are paid fair wages for their diligent work harvesting coffee beans. Sadly, many coffee farmers aren’t paid enough to support good living conditions. Ethical Bean is tackling this problem by paying coffee producers a minimum price per pound for whole beans. Ethical Bean also gives coffee farmers a “fairtrade premium”—a bonus to invest back into their communities. Overall, this fair trade approach is shifting the coffee industry towards a more eco-friendly, sustainable, and socially-responsible model. But Ethical Bean Coffee is more than just fair trade. That’s right, all its coffee beans are also 100% certified organic. You won’t find pesticides, GMOs, preservatives, or other such junk in Ethical Bean Coffee! Plus, all beans are rigorously tested for quality. In fact, Ethical Bean’s Director of Coffee, Aaron De Lazzer, is a Certified Q Grader—an honor bestowed on an ultra-select group of coffee experts. The bottom line? Ethical Bean makes great-tasting coffee with a small environmental footprint. Try Ethical Bean organic dark roast, medium roast, or decaf coffee today!
The History of Ethical Bean Coffee
Lloyd Bernhardt and Kim Schachte founded Ethical Bean in 2003 after spending a year in Guatemala to adopt their daughter. In Guatemala, they saw firsthand the hard work that went into harvesting one of the world’s finest commodities: coffee. Ethical Bean was their way of changing coffee growing for the better—a company that would source high-quality coffee in a responsible way. Today Ethical Bean continues to shape the coffee industry. They’re not only leaders in the fair trade movement, but also at the forefront of waste reduction and organic farming movements, too.
Ethical Bean Coffee Company Mission
Big coffee roasters—move over! Ethical Bean is motivated by the belief that fair trade doesn’t need to exist on the fringe. There are four main parts to Ethical Bean’s mission:
- Fair trade: Coffee farmers are not only paid a minimum price per pound of beans, but also given a fair trade premium to invest back into their communities.
- Quality: Ethical Bean’s selection of organic coffee beans is overseen by Certified Q Roaster Aaron De Lazzer.
- Responsibility: Environmental impact is minimized with LEED-certified offices, renewable energy sources, and 100% certified compostable coffee pods.
- Community: Portions of sales go to fund charities that help at-risk mothers and children in Guatemala.
Benefits of Ethical Bean Coffee
Here are five good reasons to have a bag of Ethical Bean Coffee in your kitchen:
- A pure cup of coffee: Organic coffee beans are free of pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
- Support coffee farmers: Only 100% fair trade-certified beans in these products.
- Selected by experts: Ethical Bean selects only the best coffee beans for its roasts.
- Antioxidant power: Coffee is rich in chlorogenic acid, caffeic acid, and other polyphenols with potential health benefits.
- Eco-friendly: Feel good knowing Ethical Bean coffee has a tiny carbon footprint.
Top Ethical Bean Coffee Products
Ready to shop organic coffee? Try these member favorites:
Coffee Lush Medium Dark Roast Coffee, Whole Bean
With its deeply rich taste and earthy flavor, this medium dark roast is a coffee lover’s wakeup call.
Sweet Espresso Medium Dark Roast, Whole Bean Coffee
There’s something special about a sweet cup of espresso. It stands alone, needing nothing else. Enjoy the full flavor of this unforgettable blend.
Thrive Market Coffee Corner
Organic Coffee From Thrive Market
From harvest to roast to brew, a lot of work goes into making our very own organic coffee. Learn all about it.
Cold Brewing Coffee Guide
All you need to cold brew coffee is a French press, coffee grounds, and 4 cups of water. Enjoy!
Coffee and Cacao Morsels
Dinner party soon? You’ll want to serve a platter of these coffee jam chocolates. Make extra because they’ll go fast!