Fatco harnesses the power of fat to make Paleo-friendly skincare products and facial cleansers. If you’re a little surprised to hear about using fat as a cleanser, read on. Beef tallow—the base of many Fatco products—has moisturized skin for millenia. Believe it or not, oil cleansing washes away the dirt and grime without stripping away your skin’s healthy natural oils. The result? A gleaming complexion. Plus, grass-fed beef fat contains vitamins A, D, E, and K to support healthy skin. You know what doesn’t support healthy skin? Alcohol, preservatives, SLS, parabens, phthalates, and all the other toxins found in most skincare lines. These harmful chemicals may be worse for you than you realize because the skin can actually absorb some of the questionable chemicals found in topical treatments. So skip that nasty stuff and try Fatco cleansing oil, face cream, body butter, and deodorant instead. After all, going Paleo isn’t just a way of eating, but also a way of life.
The History of Fatco
Cassy Burnvoth knew clean ingredients are the key to good health, but when she tried to extend this belief to her personal care products, she had a difficult time finding a line of natural skincare products that shared her values. So she solved the problem, creating Fatco—a Paleo-certified clean skincare company. Much like our ancestors did, Fatco uses tallow and other naturally-occurring fats to support moist, radiant skin.
Fatco Company Mission
Fatco believes in using real food for your skin. After all, what you put on your body often ends up in your body. Here are the key points to the Fatco philosophy:
- Paleo state of mind: Paleo is not just an ancestral diet, but also a natural, healthy way of life. That’s why food is the foundation of Fatco, and it’s also why this brand is certified by the Paleo Foundation.
- For the love of tallow: Beef tallow has been used for thousands of years to nourish skin. Fatco is bringing it back.
- Nose to tail: Fatco uses every part of the cow so nothing goes to waste.
Benefits of Fatco
Wondering why you should shop these Paleo skincare products? Here’s why:
- Cleanse with oils: Natural fats clear icky oils from your face.
- Avoid chemicals: Preservatives, alcohol, and other toxins dry out skin and may cause health issues. Shop Fatco instead and feel comfortable with your skincare products.
- Skin-nourishing vitamins: Grass-fed beef tallow contains fat-soluble vitamins that support skin health.
- Make cows happy: Ethical nose-to-tail practices support the wellbeing of our bovine friends.
Top Fatco Products
You’ll want to get your hands (and skin!) on these top-rated skincare products from Fatco.
Myrrhaculous Face Cream
High in CLA, omega-3s, and other skin-boosting nutrients, this tallow-based face cream is good for all skin types—especially dry skin.
Ready for an oil cleanse? This avocado and castor oil facial cleanser leaves skin clean, balanced, and positively glowing.
All Over Moisturizer
Got chapped lips, scaly elbows, or dry hands? This convenient Paleo moisturizer solves all these skin problems and more!
Using Fat for Skincare
Fat is nature’s perfect moisturizer. Here’s how to bring more fat into your natural skincare routine.
Coconut Oil for Better Skin
Oil Cleansing to Fight Acne and Fine Lines
If you haven’t tried oil cleansing, you may be missing out on some serious skin benefits. Learn the best oils for specific skin conditions in this guide to cleansing with oils.
Should You Try an Anti-Aging Serum?
Natural facial serums are often made with antioxidant-rich plant oils like avocado oil, rose oil, and evening primrose oil. Get the inside scoop on anti-aging serums right here.