If you’re the kind of person who flops on the pillow without cleansing your face, we’ve got the products that’ll help you change your ways. From rich oil-based cleansers to light foaming options—and yes, even wipes for anyone who wants a really low maintenance routine—Thrive Market is your one-stop-shop for all things skin care.
Facial Cleanser Ingredients to Avoid
When choosing your new go-to facial cleanser, look for naturally nourishing ingredients like olive oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E—and try to avoid the following:
- Artificial colors: Artificial colors and dyes are typically made from petroleum or coal tar (no, thanks!) and although the colors can be appealing, it’s not worth absorbing these ingredients into your skin.
- Fragrance: It’s best to opt for fragrance-free varieties, especially when fragrances aren’t required to be listed on ingredient labels.
- Propylene glycol: This synthetic liquid is used to absorb water and maintain moisture, but it’s been associated with skin irritation.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES): These chemicals are known for adding lather and foam to face washes and shampoos, but they may irritate your skin, too.
- Parabens: Parabens help prevent bacteria growth and extend the shelf life of products, which sounds like a good idea in theory, but research has linked them to estrogen disruption and it’s recommended you steer clear.
Top Face Cleansers Brands
Need a new favorite cleanser? Check out these top Thrive Market skin care brands.
Family owned and operated, Acure leaves out questionable ingredients like sulfates and phthalates, and infuses its products with vitamins and minerals to help you get glowing.
S.W. Basics believes skin care doesn’t have to be complicated, and helps you cleanse, tone, and moisturize with organic and fair trade ingredients.
A history of hormonal acne inspired Cocokind’s founder to create her own nourishing formulas with ethically sourced ingredients.
Best Paraben-Free Face Cleansers
Parabens can take a hike. You won’t find any in these three face cleansers.
This cleansing oil mixes virgin coconut oil and avocado oil with tea tree and lavender to wash away dirt and makeup at the end of the day. The travel-friendly size is perfect for your next getaway, too.
Here’s a foaming facial cleanser that moisturizes with organic Moroccan argan oil, cocoa butter, and olive oil. Makeup and other impurities dissolve while you massage your skin. This cleanser will keep your face feeling hydrated, too.
Cleanse your face with certified fair trade coconut while protecting your skin’s moisture levels. It’s safe for sensitive complexions and gently removes eye makeup and environmental pollutants.
Cruelty-Free Facial Cleansers
It’s easy to stick with brands that put cruelty-free practices first.
To keep skin feeling balanced, use an oil-based cleanser. This one uses avocado, castor, and olive oils to clean out your pores.
It doesn’t get much simpler than this. With only three ingredients—organic rosewater, organic vegetable glycerin, and organic tea tree oil—this cleanser purifies the skin without drying it out.
Fight breakouts without harsh cleansers using this oil-free wash. It lathers with salicylic acid that’s naturally derived from willow bark extract, and unclogs pores with ease.
Top Facial Cleanser Wipes
Need to cleanse in a hurry? Wipes are the way to go.
These wipes make it easy to get gorgeous on the go. Remove makeup, sweat, or even food in just a few swipes.
Pack these towelettes in your gym or travel bag for a quick refresh. Made with plant-based agents like aloe and rice extract to soothe and moisturize, they’re great for sensitive skin types.
Infused with aloe vera and cucumber, these wipes refresh your senses while you cleanse. The absence of chlorine, parabens, phalahates, or synthetic fragrances make them perfect for kids, adults, or dirty pet paws.
Skin Care Tips & DIY's You Might Like
Head to the blog for all things skin care.
Looking to update your skin care routine? Read our guide for the top products.
Unclog pores the natural way with these DIY face wipes made with witch hazel and aloe vera.
It’s not just for the kitchen! Learn how coconut oil can help your skin look its best.