According to the Friedman School of Nutritional Science and Policy at Tufts University, “you pay for convenience with nutritional negatives” in many frozen meal options. For example, pizzas and frozen burritos—favorites for many—are loaded with calories. Tufts recommends doing your due diligence the way you would with any packaged food. “Invest some time during the first purchase of a new type of food to do a little comparison in terms of calories and salt. You should only have to do this once so it should not be too time-consuming or tedious.” Luckily, Thrive Market recently launched a new line of frozen meals that covers all the bases when it comes to flavor, nutrition, and quality ingredients.
Building a Better (Frozen) Bowl
- Ready in a flash: Five minutes is all you need to get lunch or dinner on the table. Our better-for-you dishes can really save the day when you’re pressed for time.
- Sustainably sourced meat: Premium proteins like 100 percent grass-fed beef and GAP (Step 3) certified chicken are just some of the sustainably sourced meats you’ll find in our favorite bowls.
- Organic ingredients: Vegetables, spices, grains, and oils are all non-GMO or organic (whenever possible).
- Sugar and dairy-free: Our meals don’t include dairy or refined sugar and fit into most meal plans.
- No additives or preservatives: None of our meals have preservatives, high-fructose corn syrup, dextrose, propylene glycol, or artificial colors and flavors. Plus, you’ll find lower sodium rates than many conventional options.
Best Frozen Paleo Meals From Thrive Market
We use a blast-freezing process that helps preserve the nutritional value (and flavor!) of all the ingredients in these paleo-friendly bowls. Rapid freezing means you get a higher-quality meal without compromise.
Primal Kitchen Chicken Panang Curry Bowl
This option from Primal Kitchen is paleo-friendly and Whole30-approved. Each bowl features 16g of protein, plus lots of flavor (even without dairy or gluten).
Primal Kitchen Chicken Pesto Bowl
PK’s Chicken Pesto Bowl features tender dark meat chicken (that’s cage-free), veggies, and a summery basil pesto. Each serving delivers 18g of protein and 5g of net carbs.
Primal Kitchen Beef and Mushroom Bowl
You’ll love this recipe made with grass-fed beef and plenty of vegetables like mushrooms and peppers. It works for Whole30® and paleo diets, and features 24g of protein too.
Healthy Recipes From Thrive Market
We might be all about healthy eating, but we know you’re busy and don’t have all day to spend in the kitchen. Enter, easy weeknight dishes! Here are some of our favorites from the blog.
Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos
If Taco Tuesday feels like a chore, just turn on your Instant Pot. This recipe cooks up tender flank steak, then drizzles the tacos with a vibrant blender sauce.
Easy Keto Recipes for Every Day of the Week
We rounded up 26 keto recipes that are anything but complicated. Add Coconut Creamed Spinach With Eggs, Lamb Burgers With Pistachio Pesto, or Instant Pot Carnitas to your next weekly menu!
Healthy Lunch Recipes for Every Diet
In a bit of a lunch rut? We have 45 ideas to turn things around. From chicken stir-fry to make-ahead soups, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.