Not everyone can tolerate cow’s milk. The same goes for nut milk, coconut milk, and soy milk.
Luckily, there’s another option that’s actually made from peas. Pea milk is a dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free alternative to many of the milk and milk substitutes you’ll find in supermarkets. Since it’s free from common allergens, this dairy-free beverage is also great for those with food allergies, food intolerances, and food sensitivities.
Not only is pea milk big 8 allergen free, but it’s also a great source of plant-based protein. Protein is an essential macronutrient that supports muscle growth, cognitive health, sleep, metabolism, and more. In addition, vegan protein can sometimes be hard to come by, but pea protein certainly fits the bill.
Wherever you use dairy milk, you can make an easy substitute with pea milk. Pour cold over cereal, blend in smoothies, stir into tea or coffee, make pea milk popsicles—let your imagination run wild.
Got pea milk? Give it a try today, right here at Thrive Market.
Benefits of Pea Milk
Pea milk is trending right now, with some well-deserved attention. Here are eight reasons to add pea milk to your diet:
- High-protein: 6 grams of protein in each serving of Ripple Pea Milk (Protein is important to help build muscle, heal wounds, and produce neurotransmitters like serotonin).
- Nutrient-dense: High in calcium (for bone health), iron (for red blood cells), and potassium (for regulating blood pressure).
- Hypoallergenic: Great for people with allergies to dairy, soy, or tree nuts—and for those with food sensitivities like lactose intolerance.
- Creamy and frothy: Smooth like real milk, yet relatively low in calories.
- Plant-based: For those on vegetarian or vegan diets.
- Animal-friendly: Dairy cows aren’t always treated humanely and peas are OK with being harvested.
- Gluten-free: For those with celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
Top Pea Milk Brands
If you’re looking for the best producers of pea milk, you’ve come to the right place.
When it comes to plant-based milk, Ripple takes the crown. This company creates nutritious pea milk that is non-dairy, a good source of protein, and—according to the reviews—incredibly delicious. Ready to go dairy-free? Try Ripple and enjoy the benefits.
Best Pea Milk
Keep reading to learn more about this top pea milk brand and how it earned its reputation.
You’ll be making lattes, mochas, and cappuccinos like a pro with this frothy, café-quality pea milk. But unlike the milk at your local coffee shop, this creamy delight is dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. No chalky aftertaste. Just velvety smoothness.
Plant-Based Milk Recipes
Because people have learned more about food sensitivities and allergies, they are experimenting with plant-based milks, which have become extremely popular. Plus, they happen to be very easy to make. Try these Thrive Market recipes and tips for DIY non-dairy beverages.
Get the scoop on how to make professional-quality almond milk, hazelnut milk, cashew milk, and several other nut milks in this simple DIY guide. You need only a blender and nut milk bag to get started.
If cow’s milk is out in your home, then say hello to dairy alternatives; nut milk, quinoa milk, pea milk, soy milk, hemp milk, and more. Discover how to use them, where to find them, how to make them, and more in this comprehensive post.
Ever have trouble sleeping? Try these warm “moon milk” recipes—enhanced with adaptogens, spices, and superfoods to help you slip into a peaceful relaxation.