- Certified Organic
- Certified Kosher
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Gluten free
- Family-owned business
- Made in USA
- Made using renewable energy
- Sourced direct from farmers
- Sustainably farmed
- Cholesterol free
- Dye and color additive free
- Low sodium
- No artificial ingredients
- No trans fats
- Pesticide free
- Preservative free
Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice, Sea Salt.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Organic Brown Rice Cakes - Lightly Salted
Longing for a snack with some seriously satisfying crunch? Thrive Market is here to deliver the good news that there’s a better option than potato chips and it’s two words—rice cakes.
These whole grain crispy cakes are a delicious and much healthier alternative than many of their greasy, sodium laden counterparts. Because they're versatile, light on calories, and easy on the wallet, they may just become a new favorite snack.
Rice cakes are are very low in fat and calories, to the extent that they often get relegated to the "diet food" category. The truth is, they're so much more. Dress them up to make a variety of savory or sweet snacks, or simply use them in a meal.
Health benefits of whole grain, organic rice cakes
- Low on calories and fat: For those who are watching the waistline, have no fear. Lundberg Farms Organic Brown Rice Cakes has just 60 calories and half a gram of fat per serving, making it a great way to snack and satisfy hunger.
- Source of fiber: In addition to helping the body pass food through the digestive tract, fiber has been shown to lessen the risk of acquiring diabetes and heart disease. It’s also known for giving that full feeling when consumed, keeping hunger at bay in between meals.
- Source of iron: Get a little iron and promote a healthy immune system just by eating one rice cake. This is a mineral many people could use more of and is an essential part in the body's production of red blood cells.
- Source of carbohydrates: Obviously a rice cake is not going to pack as many carbs as a bagel, but that's why Thrivers love them. Because they’re made essentially of rice, this light form carbohydrate supplies the body with energy and will not give a weighed-down feeling after snacking.
Brown rice vs white rice
When deciding between white rice and brown rice, go with brown. In addition to their fiber content, brown rice is a better option for these reasons:
- It’s a whole grain: Whole grains are associated with many different health benefits, but are primarily known for being loaded with nutrients such as protein, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium. Eating whole grains in place of refined grains has been shown to lessen the risk of heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, and certain cancers.
- It's rich in antioxidants: Although people usually think of pomegranates and blueberries when imagining antioxidants, brown rice is also a good supplier of these health and beauty boosters.
- It helps stabilize blood sugar levels: As opposed to the quicker processing of refined grains, the body metabolizes sugars in brown rice slowly, which is better for blood sugar levels.
Ways to eat rice cakes
Rice cakes are one of those foods that are truly easy to cook with, because they can be easily transformed into edible plates. Seriously, what can't go on a rice cake? Their nutty, light flavor tastes great with a variety of foods. Here are some ideas for great ways to dress them up, although truth be told, they're delightful on their own.
- Smear some mashed avocado on a rice cake — or premade guac — along with fresh tomato slices and a sprig of cilantro. It's a delicious combo of creamy and crunchy.
- Spread hummus on a rice cake for a high-fiber, filling start to any meal. Add sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and a dash of pepper for extra flavor.
- Turn rice cakes into meals by loading them up with shredded chicken, lettuce and barbecue sauce. Delicious and high in protein, this will satisfy hunger without feeling weighed down.
- Whip together an easy breakfast of cottage cheese and fresh fruit, such as blueberries or peaches, and layer it on a rice cake. This yummy combination provides vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and is utensil-free.
- Egg salad finally found its match on a rice cake. There's something about its sturdy support and light flavor that suits this classic sandwich filling better than bread.
- A rice cake with a smear of cream cheese and lox is a delicious way to enjoy these rich flavors without the heaviness of a bagel.
- For vegetarians, a rice cake with cream cheese and tomatoes is delicious, too.
- Rice cakes are great with peanut butters or nut butters of all types, but try taking them to the next level with honey or bananas — or even better, both.
- Nutella, or other chocolate spreads, are heavenly on crispy cakes like these, especially with its faint touch of sea salt.
Crumbled Rice Cakes
- Rice cakes can go far beyond their primary use as a base for spreads and sandwiches. Try deconstructing one of these and using it as bread crumbs (just crumble it up and mix in seasonings of your choice).
- A DIY take on rice crispy treats just got easier: For every four cups of crumbled rice cakes, stir in one cup each of honey, nut butter and chopped nuts. Press into square pan, bake, and let cool.
Reviews For Organic Brown Rice Cakes - Lightly Salted
Based on 22 Reviews
I liked the flavor, but my husband or kids dislike it (salted one).
- Liliana Trujillo
Delicious and slightly addictive. I spread on almond butter for a TV-watching snack.
- Deborah Smith
Will only buy from Thrive
Getting these from the store--they are night and day difference from the ones I get from thrive. Many times they are less brittle, less handled, and don't crumble like the ones I get at my local grocery.
Crunch and tasty
when i want a snack... these are light, yet have that satisfying crunch... sometime i put almond butter on them...
We love these in my house! I was so excited to find such a great price for them!
Tasty whole grains
Brown rice cakes are a delicious way to increase fiber and whole grains. They are a favorite snack to keep on hand. Enjoy!
My favorite of the rice cakes. They actually taste good.
Hard to eat just 1
These rice cakes are great.The cakes with just that light touch of salt is perfect. I will be getting more of these on my next order
Great snack food - very filling and tasty. Light salt gives enough of a taste. My daughter tried some tonight and told me I needed to buy lots more....
Best rice cake I've tasted - definitely on my go-to list
These are delicious. I was worried they might come smashed in the delivery order, but they came fully intact as if I just got them off the shelf. Very good!
A quick snack
These make a quick, satisfying snack with almond butter. The price can't be beat.
Lindberg rice cakes
Delicious with a crunch
Delicious toast substitute
I know it's kind of random, but these have become my substitute for toast! I have to be gluten-free due to allergies and I actually found that I enjoy these more so than toast. I lightly toast them and then put my morning eggs and cheese on it and it is truly quite tasty! I've turned my whole family on to them, and we all agree that the amount of salt is perfect! I'll definitely be ordering more!
- Marcia Romero
Crispy and Delicious!
These are the most satisfying rice cakes out there. They have a crisp, airy crunch and they're always fresh. They're not too salty and lend themselves really well to all sorts of sweet or savory snacks. Sometimes I'll put peanut butter and jelly, sometimes I'll put a tiny bit of mustard with some cheddar and turkey. So much more gratifying than bread. They are also great to eat plain, they have enough flavor to be delicious on their own. I started eating organic in college and these were one of the first things that got switched into my snacks allowance. I've been eating them ever since and they never disappoint.
- B. Allison
Best. Rice Cakes. Ever.
I love rice cakes as an alternative to tempting, but unhealthy chips (looking at you, Pringles). These ones have much more flavor, I think because they are brown rice instead of white. There's just enough salt to bring out the nuttiness of the brown rice, and they have a great crunch. These are by far my favorite rice cakes!
They don't need any extra flavors added to them, but they're a great light lunch with black bean paste, or hummus, or guacamole spread on top. I also sometimes eat these instead of popcorn. YUM!
- Eloise Larson
Two ingredients only
These are pure organic rice cakes. There are two ingredients and that's it. I like rice cakes, but the ones I usually buy are loaded with sodium. These have a great hint of sea salt and they're crunchy and very filling. I like these in place of crackers or potato chips. Great low fat snack.
- Garry Howard
Absolutely Love These
I tried these a few months ago and have gotten them since. I just can't get enough of them! I eat them as a snack when I feel the munchies coming on and they do the trick. They are filling and they have a great crisp texture. These sound and look plain, but they taste amazing!
- Sara G.
I couldn't stop eating them!
Rice cakes are one of my favorite foods, but I never tried the brown rice ones before. I didn't know if they were going to be any good, but after one serving I couldn't stop eating them. They're good for you, and they taste good too. They're better than the ones that use white rice, that's for sure!
- Gustavo Lambert
Healthy, delicious and handy!
These are delicious, and really glad we bought them. Great quality, store well, sturdy for adding Justin's almond butter onto. Will order again!
- p. rayo
This is a delicious, crunchy rice cake. It has a mellow brown rice/nutty flavor and a bit of salt. No cardboard taste here. It's incredibly natural - just whole grain brown rice and salt. This means it will go with just about any spread you want to put on it. I definitely recommend trying these out.
Featured on Thrive Market
Our body rarely shies away from letting us know when it’s hungry. Rumblings arrive as we wake each morning, signaling it’s time for breakfast. In the middle of a meeting nearing the lunch hour, our...Read More
There’s something so simple, so elegant, and so gourmet about a charcuterie and cheese board.Read More