Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Cacao Butter, Organic Vanilla Flavor, Organic Peppermint Essential Oil, Organic Baobab Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula Extract.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Why You’ll Love Organic Vanilla Mint Lip Balm, 4 pack
Once you meet Thrive Market Vanilla Mint Lip Balm, you’ll want to kiss other lip remedies goodbye. Our super moisturizing formula soothes and softens dry, cracked lips the natural way. It’s cruelty free, completely organic, and 100 percent safe to use on a regular basis. It’s also extremely effective thanks to a winning combination of ingredients like fair trade certified baobab oil, cocoa butter, peppermint essential oil, vitamin E, and vanilla and calendula extracts. Use it all day, every day for lips that look as healthy as they feel.
Benefits of Thrive Market Lip Balm
Our lip treatment is handcrafted in an USDA-certified facility in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Every stick is loaded with good-for-you ingredients that are organic, non-GMO, and free of artificial fragrances, ingredients, or dyes to naturally promote baby soft lips. The list includes:
- Vitamin E: It’s super effective at blocking free radicals from entering the body, which will help with numerous anti-aging benefits including the reduction of wrinkles. It also plays a role in producing red blood cells.
- Sunflower Oil: Also rich in vitamin E and contains moisturizing vitamins A, C, and D. It’s powerful in preventing signs of aging and also providing a natural glow.
- Cocoa butter: With tons of skin-loving fatty acids, this butter has often been touted as a remedy for stretch marks, but it also works wonders at healing dry, sensitive skin.
- Peppermint essential oil: This minty-fresh oil calms any skin irritation, and offers a cooling sensation that instantly soothes dry lips. The healing properties of peppermint have also been known to help relieve digestive issues such as nausea, indigestion, and heartburn.
- Rosemary extract: This aromatic herb has a bevy of benefits including moisturizing skin and supporting healthy collagen development that fights off damaging free radicals.
- Calendula extract: A plant extract that promotes supple skin, and is often used to relieve dry or damaged patches.
- Baobab oil: A golden yellow oil with tons of omega fatty acid content that is hyper moisturizing.
- Vanilla extract: Normally used to sweeten foods, it’s also a known stress reliever and natural antidepressant.
More benefits of baobab oil
This highly revered, exotic-sounding oil is extracted from the seeds of fruit that blooms on baobab trees, which are native to Africa. Baobab (pronounced bey-oh-bab) is regarded as a superfruit because it’s chock full of skin-healing vitamin C and a balance of palmitic, oleic, and linoleic fatty acids that make it an emollient, non-greasy skin care oil.
While it’s lesser known than other beauty-boosting oils like marula, argan, and jojoba, baobab is pretty impressive in its own right. When it comes to lip care, it’s a high-performing ingredient that aids in:
- Moisturizing dry skin
- Protecting skin from the effects of excessive temperature changes
- Rejuvenating skin cells
- Healing wounds
- Protecting against free radical damage
- Reducing inflammation
Thrive Market Vanilla Mint Lip Balm is packed with the purest, fair trade certified baobab oil sourced from Zimbabwe, Africa.
Hidden dangers of traditional lip balm
Another important reason to pucker up to organic lip balm is that those tiny sticks you are used to are packed with big, bad ingredients that can not only harm your lips, but your body, too.
The problem with saccharin
One of the biggest red flags is saccharin, a petroleum-based sugar substitute derived from coal tar (yes, coal tar!). Even though many studies have classified it as a carcinogen, saccharin continues to be used in many everyday products like toothpastes, mouthwashes, tabletop sweeteners, baked goods, jams, chewing gum, canned fruit, candy, dessert toppings, and salad dressings.
The discomfort of chapped lips pales in comparison to the potential side effects it can cause, including:
- Breathing difficulties
- Rashes and other skin problems
- Bladder cancer
In fact, the frequent incidents of urinary cancer in lab rats during trials in the 1970s was so eye-opening, it led Congress to once pass a mandate that all saccharin-filled products must carry a heady warning.
And here’s the craziest part: Saccharin has been shown to have an adverse effect on chapped lips. Instead of penetrating the skin and moisturizing it, saccharin forms a barrier, making lips even more parched. This lack of moisture increases the need to apply the balm more frequently, which gets consumers hooked on the stuff. So while it may feel wonderful upon application, the after-effects are anything but.
Other harmful ingredients
Other culprits often found lurking in popular lip balms include:
- BHT: A preservative that’s been linked to hormone (endocrine) disruption, meaning it can harm the body’s neurological, immune, reproductive, and developmental systems. It’s also known to cause skin irritation, asthma, liver and stomach cancers, and liver and brain damage in animals.
- Methylparaben: Part of the paraben family, methylparaben is used to prevent bacteria growth and extend the shelf life of products. While effective for manufacturing, in humans this popular additive can act as an allergen and an endocrine system disruptor.
- Mineral oil (liquid petrolatum): A liquid mixture of hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum, mineral oil is a known immune and respiratory toxicant as well as an allergen. It’s also been shown to cause blood and skin cancer in animals.
- Paraffin: This waxy, petroleum-based substance is used as a thickener in cosmetics. It releases the carcinogens benzene and toluene upon heating, and has been linked to kidney and renal system tumors in animals.
- Propylparaben: Also part of the paraben family, propylparaben is an allergen and another known human endocrine disruptor potentially linked to breast and ovarian cancer.
About Thrive Market products
At Thrive Market, our mission is to bring you the highest quality organic goods at truly affordable prices. That's why we've gone directly to the source to develop our own line of premium products made from the very best all-natural ingredients at a fraction of their usual price tag. Finally, you don't need to choose between cost and quality, taste and health, value and your values. If it has the Thrive Market seal, you can trust that you're getting the highest quality product possible at the lowest price anywhere. Shop our premium, organic, and fair-trade certified virgin coconut oil, spices, nuts and dried fruits, tomato sauces, ghee, and sprouted grains today!
Reviews For Organic Vanilla Mint Lip Balm, 4 pack
Based on 16 Reviews
Now my favorite lip balm.
Great lip balm
I use this lip balm all the time, exspecially at night. I gave one to my daughter who loves the taste of mint.
Love this. Gave some to my family and they also loved it. I had to order more!!
Excellent lip balm at a great price!
I love this stuff!! I've used so many natural lip balms and this is definitely the best! Thanks Thrive!!
- Rebecca T
Love it and price is right
I have every organic chap stick under the sun. Love this one and you cannot beat the price!
- Mimi Bonetti
This balm is comparable to the mint EOS balm I had been using. Goes on smooth and lasts for a while.
This was a good price but does not taste like vanilla or mint-works, though!
Economical Way to Pamper Self or Others
These at priced right for use as a party favor or stocking stuffer, and they are great to keep on hand to make last-minute gift sets. For example, combine a lip balm with tea bags offered elsewhere on the Thrive Market site, a bar of lavender soap (or one of the other soothing varieties here) and a personal pack of tissues for a "feel better soon" treat.
- Deborah Smith
Tried this for the first time and love it! It has a nice mild scent and very smooth!
There may be equals, but there is none better.
I love this lip gloss. It's light, smells and tastes good and does it's job nicely. Highly recommend this product. Price is definitely right--especially considering the quality.
Organic Vanilla Mint Lip Balm,4 pack
Lip Balms prevents and Cure Chapped Lips share with your friend and Family.
Love this! Light and smooth, not thick and gloppy. The mint is very pleasant as well. Will definitely buy again.
this lip balm is smooth and smells great! I would buy again.
New Favorite Lip Balm
The consistency and moisture are perfect, not waxy, and the taste is a subtil blend of vanilla and mint. I was not sure if I would like the taste but it is very nice and I highly recommend. I would buy this again.
Vanilla Mint Balm, 4 pk.
I really like the lip balm. It has a refreshing taste to it. I chew on my lips a lot & also lick them so they stay chapped most of the time. Have always used chap stix, But don't like the feel of caking it gives. This is a great product.
So hydrating !
Love the smell. And it leaves my lips all smooth and hydrated.
Featured on Thrive Market
Twenty miles from civilization you feel a zit swelling up on your nose. Where’s that blemish stick when you need it?Read More
There’s something so simple, so elegant, and so gourmet about a charcuterie and cheese board.Read More