Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Albacore tuna (Thunnus alalunga), extra virgin olive oil, water, sea salt
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna In Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Tuna is one of the most popular fish to eat and has found its way in a number of household and restaurant recipes including tuna casserole, tuna salad, tuna sandwiches, sushi, nigiri, sashimi, and so on. While fish comes in different forms like raw and cooked, one that’s often overlooked is canned. First and foremost, it’s a convenient way to keep fish on hand and secondly, it provides a great tasting meal as well as plenty of nutrition and health benefits.
If you’re feeling doubtful about canned tuna, have no fear. Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna is an example of what truly great canned tuna can be and is the best place to start your culinary adventure.
The many benefits of tuna
A healthy diet is one of the cornerstones for a healthy life, and tuna fits into that plan perfectly. Fish in general is a leaner source of protein, making it a healthier choice than red meats. There are several other key benefits that tuna brings to human health and wellness, which you should consider when picking your protein:
- Omega-3 fatty acids - One of the biggest reasons that tuna is worth eating is the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, or good fats, it contains.
- Contains protein - Protein is a fundamental building block of life, and a single can of tuna fish provides roughly 80 percent of the daily recommended allowance of it.
- Low mercury - Many people worry about mercury when it comes to fish, but canned tuna has much lower levels of this substance.
- Low glycemic index - Tuna is very low on the glycemic index scale, which makes it a perfect choice for those who are watching their blood sugar levels.
- Contains B vitamins - Tuna also contains high levels of B vitamins. These contain a number of health benefits that are worth looking into.
Why you should consider Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna
Incorporating proteins (plant or animal based) is great for a daily diet. Canned tuna offers a way to do this easily, and can be used in a number of ways. Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna is an excellent choice when canned tuna is needed, for several reasons:
- Sashimi grade tuna - Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna uses sashimi grade tuna, and nothing lower. This ensures the highest quality cut and taste, providing you with a happy palette and a happy belly.
- Sustainable methods - Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna uses sustainable fishing methods to protect the other animals in the ocean and help preserve its ecosystem.
- Smaller fish - Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna uses small tuna to helps to reduce mercury levels, keeping consumers safe when enjoying fish.
- Olive oil base - Instead of water, Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna is packed in extra virgin olive oil that is sourced from Spain. This helps add richer taste and moist texture to the fish, creating a better tasting version of the classic canned tuna.
- Conveniently packaged - This canned tuna works perfectly with everything from salads to casseroles to appetizers and more. This makes it easier for busy people to always have something to eat on hand.
- Natural ingredients - Wild Planet Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna contains only olive oil, water, sea salt, and sashimi grade tuna. By eliminating harmful preservatives, colors, and flavors, the company provides a better product for everyone.
Other great Wild Planet products
Wild Planet releases more than just their Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna. The company is dedicated to delivering the best tasting, sustainably sourced seafood while also improving the overall conservation of the marine life ecosystem. Here are several other products beyond to consider when doing your shopping:
Salmon is also filled with omega-3 fatty acids and is one of the healthiest fishes on the planet. This version is wild-caught in the Pacific and sustainably sourced. Perfect by itself, in a salad, as an appetizer, or in casseroles and croquettes.
Using the same sustainably caught wild tuna as their canned tuna, Wild Planet also offers this jar of fillets. They’re great to top on a variety of dishes and fit into a number of tasty recipes.
For those looking to further reduce their sodium intake, this option brings delicious wild caught tuna to the kitchen without any added salt. The only ingredient: albacore tuna.
Reviews For Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna In Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Based on 15 Reviews
Flaky and delicious!
High quality tuna packed in olive oil. Yum.
The tuna was very tasty. I felt good eating it because I knew it was caught in a way that did not cause harm to other sea creatures
A good choice.
I bought this for my sister who is leaning into being a vegetarian, she preferred this brand to all the others she has tried and she has tried quite a few.
Tuna like it tasted in the 60's
Best darn tuna anywhere.
Love this tuna!!!
For years I have tried to make my tuna fish sandwiches as good as my Mom's and have never got it right. How hard could it be? It was only a few ingredients. Well the companies have changed the taste of tuna. I am so glad I have found Wild Planet. All of their tunas are delicious. Thank you , thank you. I am forever grateful.
Wild planet tuna
The best tuna ever. Must be the virgin olive oil as well as the pole caught tuna.
NON-GMO WILD ALBACORE TUNA IN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
I get this whenever I can. Almost tastes like chicken instead of tuna. I use it in salads or as a sandwhich. Love the taste of the Olive Oil also. This is a winner!!!
I loved this tuna! I've been purchasing a name brand tuna w/olive oil at the grocery for years, but, by far, this tuna from Thrive surpassed the taste & quality. The price is a little more, but worth it.
Non-GMO Wild Albacore Tuna In Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is the best tuna ever!!!! Love, love , love it. Almost taste like chicken in a can. The olive oil really makes it taste great!!! This will be a staple for my household.
Dressing and tuna all in one!
I've always ordered water packed tuna and drained off the water. After trying this tuna packed in extra-virgin olive oil I'm in for life. I added cucumber, tomato, fresh lemon juice, a little sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and I had an almost instant (and delish) salad.
I Love Wild Planet!
Most importantly, this is by far the best canned Tuna I've ever tasted. I even eat it straight out of the can for a light lunch! The Tuna comes in nice big chunks, flakes easily, and has great flavor!
But what I love about this brand is their commitment to responsible fishing! You may be paying a bit more than you would for grocery store Tuna, but those companies use methods that are driving our favorite fish towards endangerment! It's well worth the quality, and peace of mind for me!
- Audrey Johnston
An absolute must for any household. No fish smell or flavor, high quality olive oil used. You can't beat the price which is almost $2.00 cheaper than anywhere else.
Nice big chunks of tuna
I'd heard a lot about Wild Planet tuna at my local Whole Foods, but their stock was out for weeks, so I went online. Amazon was selling this for almost two dollars more per can, so Thrive caught my eye with their permanent discounts on thousands of products.
The tuna is out of this world good. My goodness, what I've been missing! I admit I was a Starkist buyer, but this is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Beetle, it just doesn't match up. The fillets are big and chunky and flaky and the flavor is so delicious. I realize now that I've been eating tuna that's loaded down with chemicals, and real tuna isn't fishy at all. I'm a believer in Wild Planet, and I'm already buying their sardines too.
- L. Best
Affordable on Thrive
I'm really into the environment and just doing what I can to be more conscious about what I eat and the kind of food I buy. Wild Planet's always been ahead of the curve on this issue, and their tuna is a great example. Troll and pole caught, with nothing added except the tuna fillet, this is by far the best pure tuna I've ever had.
I buy it on Thrive because it's upward of five dollars and more on Amazon and Vitacost, and I can't afford that. But at $3.45 a can on Thrive, it's something I can buy more often. I'm glad Thrive understands that not everyone who wants quality health products is rich!
- Levi Bridges
Wild caught tuna has become one of my favorite indulgences. I didn't think there'd be much of a difference, but honestly, the tuna is so much more flavorful. I'm happy to pay the extra money for wild caught and to know that my tuna is a bit more healthy for me. It's packed in with high-quality olive oil to give it a nicer taste and keep it fresh, and honestly, the tuna is juicy without tasting dry. It's worth all of the price tag.
- Diamond M.
Featured on Thrive Market
There’s something so simple, so elegant, and so gourmet about a charcuterie and cheese board.Read More