Members Who Bought This Item Also Bought1 of 1
Member Price: $5.99 (Save 25%)
Member Price: $4.19 (Save 16%)
Member Price: $4.19 (Save 16%)
Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Katlin Smith is the founder and CEO of Simple Mills, a Chicago-based company at the forefront of a clean food movement that is shaping the next generation of natural foods. Named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Class of 2017, Katlin launched Simple Mills in 2013 to provide a cleaner alternative to the natural baking mixes then on the market after becoming a clean-eating convert herself. She developed the initial recipes in her own kitchen, trying and rejecting 90 recipes before perfecting her first three products and securing her first retail store placements in 2013.
Today, Simple Mills’ baking mix line includes eight muffin, cake, bread, cookie, pancake/waffle and pizza mixes, while its almond flour crackers include Fine Ground Sea Salt, Rosemary & Sea Salt, Sundried Tomato & Basil, and Farmhouse Cheddar varieties. Recent additions to the Simple Mills product family include a line of ready-to-eat crunchy cookies, sprouted seed crackers, and organic frostings. All products are Non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and free of grain, soy and artificial flavors or fillers.
The rise of Simple Mills:
To get into grocery stores was one thing, but to stay on the shelves was another. Katlin and the rest of the Simple Mills team are always striving to perfect Simple Mills’ recipes and the process by which they are made. The team spends significant amount of time researching and developing delicious tasting products with only the highest-quality ingredients.
Tell me about the ingredients that Simple Mills uses:
The name Simple Mills comes from the clean and simple ingredients used for their products that are clearly marked on their labels. Simple Mills never uses artificial flavors or fillers because they believe that the best foods are truly simple.
- Almond flour: Almond flour is miles ahead of regular wheat-based flour. As the name suggests, almond flour is made from almonds grown in the United States that have been milled to a fine flour. This flour produces a tasty alternative to other nutrient-void flours, and a moist texture that can’t be beat.
- Cassava: The cassava root comes from a woody shrub that thrives in warm environments like those of northern South America, and grows for about a year and half before being harvested. Cassava offers a delicious, fluffy texture to many Simple Mills products.
- Flax: Flax may be small, but don’t let that fool you—it has been known to have extraordinary amount of health benefits and vitamins. Simple Mills uses flax in many of their products for nutrient value and to add a satisfying crunch.
- Arrowroot: An iconic herb used for millennia throughout Asia, where it was used to aid digestion. Simple Mills grounds the plant down to a powder to help give their baked goods a fluffy texture.
- Coconut sugar: Coconut trees grow flowers that are gathered for the nectar they produce. That harvested nectar is cooked until it crystallizes into coconut sugar. Production of coconut sugar uses less resources but makes more sugar, making it a more environmentally friendly option. Not to mention, it’s one of the lowest glycemic index sweeteners on the planet!
What are some products that Simple Mills sells?
Simple Mills started with baking mixes, but the team is always hard at work cooking and baking up new ideas and introducing new product lines. For almost anything you crave, they have a delicious, whole food option to try. Here’s a smattering of some of their best-sellers.
- Pancake & Waffle Mix: Simple Mills best-seller is outstanding. Their pancake and waffle mix is paleo-friendly; made up of whole food ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour and low-glycemic coconut sugar.
- Banana Muffin & Bread Mix: Made with real bananas, Simple Mills banana muffin and bread mix is paleo-friendly and made with 7 simple ingredients you’ll love.
- Pumpkin Muffin & Bread Mix: Simple Mills pumpkin muffin and bread mix is paleo-friendly and delicious; it contains real pumpkin and organic spices for a taste of the fall in every bite.
- Organic Vanilla Frosting: Made with organic coconut oil, sustainably sourced palm oil, and monk fruit extract, Simple Mills’ vanilla frosting is truly something to celebrate.
- Fine Ground Sea Salt Crackers: Simple Mills Fine Ground Sea Salt crackers are made with a proprietary blend of almond flour, sunflower seeds and flax seeds. They make a great option to crumble in salads, pair with soup, or serve with cheese.
- Farmhouse Cheddar Crackers: Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar almond flour crackers are made with organic, rBST-free cheese. These crackers will remind you & your little ones of your favorite cheesy cracker from childhood – with all the good stuff and none of the not-so-good.
- Garlic & Herb Sprouted Seed Crackers: Why sprout? Sprouting unlocks a seeds’ outer coating, making all of the vitamins, minerals, and enzymes available to your body. Simple Mills’ Garlic & Herb sprouted seed crackers have a bright, herbaceous flavor with a garlic kick.
- Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies: Simple Mills ready-to-eat chocolate chip cookies are vegan, smartly sweetened with coconut sugar, and without any compromise to taste.
Almond Flour, Banana, Organic Coconut Sugar, Arrowroot, Organic Coconut Flour, Baking Soda, Sea Salt
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.