We're always on the hunt for cool ways to reuse and recycle our boxes and packaging—and the incredible creativity we've seen from our fans on social media gave us an amazing idea.
So with Halloween right around the corner, we decided to take our recycling game to the next level and really challenge ourselves: What Halloween costumes could we make out of some recycled boxes and basic craft supplies?
Seven boxes, three bottles of paint, one package of construction paper, and one roll of duct tape later, we had our upcycled Halloween costumes. Overall, we were feeling pretty proud of ourselves—what started out as a heap of banged up boxes had morphed into some pretty impressive ensembles.
From left to right, we dressed up as: Pacman and Ms. Pacman, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a glam robot, Instagram, and Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones.
Got an idea for an even more spooktacular outfit? Dig out your craft supplies and enter our #ThriveDIY Halloween contest! The contest starts right now, and runs through Monday, October 26. So you better get started!
Here are the rules:
1. Make a costume made entirely from recycled boxes and materials you already have.
2. Take a picture of you or your family wearing your recycled costumes.
3. Upload your photo to Instagram or Twitter using #ThriveDIY and mention @thrivemarket in your caption.
4. Follow @thrivemarket on Instagram for inspiration throughout the week.
5. Vote for your favorite costume by Monday, October 26. Tell your friends! We'll announce the winner on social media on October 27.
Curious about the prize? The creator of the costume that gets the most votes will win a $1,000 shopping spree on Thrive Market!
Photo credit: Alicia Cho