- Certified Organic
- Gluten free
- Certified Kosher
- Gluten free
- Sustainably farmed
- Cholesterol free
- Dairy free
- Dye and color additive free
- High fructose corn syrup free
- Low fat
- Low sodium
- No added sugar or sweeteners
- No artificial ingredients
- No trans fats
- Pesticide free
- Preservative free
Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Organic Corn Flour, Organic Quinoa Flour.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells
Pasta has been a staple in the diets of millions for centuries. And while spaghetti and fettuccini get plenty of attention, there’s something to be said for the fun shape and rich taste of shells. Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are a different take on the classic shell, and they bring plenty of organic goodness along with a gluten-free formula that makes it possible for those with gluten allergies to enjoy this classic dish.
Shells have long been a key part of recipes thanks to their ability to connect to sauces and provide a more satisfying experience—plus they’re easier for younger eaters to scoop up than the longer noodles of spaghetti. Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are a natural extension of those basic benefits, and adding them to a nutrition plan is well worth doing.
Benefits of quinoa
Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are made from a combination of corn flour and quinoa flour, rather than wheat. This creates a gluten-free pasta that those with gluten sensitivities can eat without worry. Although, there are also numerous health benefits that quinoa provides, and understanding more about them can help make it easier to see why it’s a great option.
- High in fiber - Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are rich in dietary fiber, providing 16 percent of the recommended daily allowance. This helps promote better digestionand improves the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from foods.
- Flavonoids – Flavonoids are antioxidants that can help to provide anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce the impact that harmful free radicals can have on the body. Quinoa contains high levels of flavonoids, and Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells delivers a big boost.
- Amino acids – Quinoa also provides all of the essential amino acids. These are the building blocks for protein, which the body needs to fuel itself and keep muscles strong. However, the body can’t create these amino acids on their own and eating foods rich in them is important for overall health.
- Low glycemic index – Quinoa also has a low level of sugars when compared to wheat. This makes it easy to fit into a diet where diabetes or blood sugar issues are a concern. Despite that low glycemic index, Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells still contain a high level of carbohydrates to fuel the body and keep it energized.
- High in nutrients - Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells also contains high levels of nutrients. This includes a very high level of iron and protein, as well as magnesium. These minerals help promote a stronger level of nutrition and better overall health.
- Weight loss – Quinoa can also help with weight loss. Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells can help to increase metabolic function thanks the high levels of iron, and the fiber can help make it easier to feel full faster and stay full longer.
Why Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are the right call
Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are made with a clear focus on better health and great flavor. In addition to the benefits of quinoa listed above, there are numerous reasons that Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells stand out as a good choice when it comes to pasta.
- Gluten free - They’re made from a blend of corn and quinoa, eliminating gluten entirely and providing a better option for those with gluten sensitivity issues.
- Completely organic - Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are certified organic. All ingredients are sourced from farms that use no chemicals or pesticides during the growing process.
- No additives – During the cooking and packaging process, no chemicals are added to Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells. They’re free from dyes, preservatives, and additives. This ensures that you only get the healthiest possible food, just as nature intended.
- GMO free – Ancient Harvest also believes in providing customers with entirely GMO free foods. It’s easy to eat Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells with confidence that no genetically modified organisms are on the plate.
The Ancient Harvest company
Ancient Harvest has been in business since 1983, and since then they have continued to focus on creating healthy foods that are easy for anyone to fit into a diet. By focusing on gluten-free, vegetarian, and GMO free foods the company has helped make it easier for grains and pastas to be enjoyed by everyone.
The company uses a variety of recipes from trustworthy sources including things like quinoa and ancient grain blends. These natural ingredients allow Ancient Harvest to craft recipes to perfection and build them around the different nutritional requirements that may exist for different people. Pasta and other grain-based recipes shouldn’t be off limits to everyone, and Ancient Harvest makes it easier to eat them than ever before.
Complete a pasta dish with these sauces
Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells are a great choice for pasta since the shells naturally attract sauce, delivering rich tasting flavor in every bite. The shells match perfectly with practically any kind of pasta sauce including the following favorites.Raos Vodka Sauce
Vodka sauce is a great option when a break from traditional tomato pasta sauce is needed. This version provides great flavor with organic ingredients, and is a perfect match for Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells.Yellow Barn Biodynamic Roasted Eggplant Pasta Sauce
This sauce is based on the classic red tomato pasta sauce, but comes with the rich taste of roasted eggplant to create a dish that is even better.Thrive Market Organic Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
Thrive’s own perfectly seasoned, completely organic tomato sauce. It’s a great match for Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells, and the rich taste of roasted garlic compliments the delicate and tangy tomatoes.Raos Arrabbiata Fra Diavolo Sauce – Hot For those looking for a pasta sauce with a kick, this is the answer. With plenty of crushed red pepper and garlic, it’s a perfect choice for a fiery version of a classic.
Reviews For Organic Quinoa Pasta Shells
Based on 13 Reviews
healthier choice , how ever you need to be vigilant on the cook time (precise) otherwise it will over cook really easy.
- Liliana Trujillo
I really like these little shells. The texture is good and flavor mild. The organic corn doesn't seem to bother my mild corn allergy, perhaps because it is NON-GMO. I thought this was a pound package but it's only 1/2 lb, so I consider it wildly overpriced, even after the Thrive Market discount.
Best gluten free pasta!
I've tried a number of gluten free pastas out there and this is the best in taste and consistency. I almost didn't know I was eating gf pasta and actually gets al dente. Just ordered three more boxes.
This was great and almost like eating regular noodles. Very filling. Was impressed how much it made.
I love this stuff
I was skeptical at first due to not being familiar with quinoa pasta's texture, but it held up just the same as egg yolk pasta would! Delicious tossed with a marinara and some arugula/kale. :) Would buy again.
Great Gluten Free Pasta
Easy and quick to prepare and very tasty.
This was good, but I thought it was another kind of grain.
Love Ancient Harvest!
See my full review of this brand's gluten free pasta on the Elbows page...but to sum it up I love this stuff and have for a long time!
Tasty but HALF THE BOX IS EMPTY
The taste is good - just make sure not to over cook the pasta and rinse well after it is done.
Be also aware that the package is twice as big as the containing product and that it will barely be enough for 2 small servings. This was a huge disappointment for me.
This pasta is a great staple for gluten free families, and the pricing through Thrive is fantastic.
Gluten free pasta
This pasta fits into a gluten free diet, and it's a nice alternative to wheat based pasta. It has two ingredients, corn flour and quinoa flour, that's it. No sugar, salt or preservatives. It has a nice grainy flavor that isn't overpowering, and gives you all the health benefits of quinoa. I use it in casseroles and pasta bakes, but it also works well as a cold pasta salad.
- Amy Curtis
Small But Good
These are some pretty good shells. We love a lot of delicious foods from the Ancient Harvest company, and since my husband has a gluten intolerance, we have to stick with gluten-free noodles. This has been a great way to enjoy gluten-free pasta. However, be aware that the shell pasta is way smaller than the regular types of shell pasta you may be used to. They're delicious, but they're pretty tiny.
- Aimee S.
This Gluten free pasta is made of corn and quinoa, but it tastes just like the real deal! It is so great! My family didn't even know the difference!
I have used it for mac-n-cheese, tuna casserole, sauce n shells....It cooks to perfection every time and tastes great! I love that it is gluten free and a healthy alternative to traditional pasta
Featured on Thrive Market
Katherine Prendergast is Thrive Market's super talented Senior Design Director, and it's no exaggeration when we say this girl is a machine. KP (as we call her at the office) can do pretty much any...Read More
Our body rarely shies away from letting us know when it’s hungry. Rumblings arrive as we wake each morning, signaling it’s time for breakfast. In the middle of a meeting nearing the lunch hour, our...Read More