As relaxing as gardening can be, there are also a lot of decisions to make. From where to plant your garden to water frequency, there’s a lot to stay on top of. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of seed variety packs to help make things easier. Our favorite brands have done the work of putting together seeds that work perfectly together, so whether you’re craving salad greens, looking for herbs, or eager to transition your garden from summer to fall, Thrive Market has everything you need to get started.
Container Garden Tips
Container gardening is a great way to learn the basics or accommodate a smaller growing space. Here are some tips for putting one together:
- Look for plants that tend to be pest-free, like leeks, shallots, and garlic. Another bonus: Their shallow roots don’t require as much room as other plants.
- If you live in a warm climate, light-colored containers will help reduce heat absorption for happier (and cooler) roots.
- Use organic potting soil and fertilizers to help keep plants growing strong.
- Talk with your local nursery to learn about plants native to the area. Since they’re already adapted to growing conditions, they’ll be lower maintenance.
- The best time to water container plants is in the early morning, to help decrease water loss due to evaporation.
Top Garden Variety Packs Brands
These two brands are our favorite picks when it comes to garden variety packs.
Back to the Roots
In 2009, two friends started Back to the Roots after leaving their corporate jobs to pursue a passion for urban mushroom farming. Today, the brand makes a variety of easy-to-use garden kits so anyone can enjoy the benefits of growing their own food from scratch.
Best Garden Variety Packs
If you’re having trouble deciding what to plant, just start with a variety pack that’s already been curated for you.
Back to the Roots Kitchen Herb Garden in a Can
Gardening novices will appreciate this canned herb kit that sits on a sunlit window sill. Enjoy basil, mint, and cilantro—without all the fuss!
Recipes With Herbs
Herbs always add interest (and flavor!) to a dish—here are some of our favorite recipes to feature them.
Easy Pistachio Pesto
Dress up eggs, pasta, and more with this easy pistachio pesto recipe that leans on fresh basil to round out the flavors.
How to Cook With Herbs
Herbs 101 is the name of the game with this in-depth post on the best additions to your meals—not to mention 40 recipes to try!
The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
Soaked cashews come to the rescue to create a creamy ranch dressing that tastes just like its dairy-filled counterpart. Fresh parsley and chives really wake up the flavor, too.