Last Update: June 1, 2020
At Thrive Market, our mission is to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. That goal informs everything we do and energizes us to take on even bigger challenges. And as our 2019 Mission Impact Report shows, we can accomplish so much when we’re focused on a worthy goal.
We’re excited to share our report with you—because none of it would have been possible without the support of our members. Together, we were able to source products that are healthier for people and the planet, deliver them with minimal footprint, and leverage our community as a force for social good and food activism.
In 2019, we:
– Delivered 61,113 free memberships to people in need
– Received $519,978 in checkout donations from members
– Contributed $843,554 to food access and environmental causes
– Donated more than 40,000 pounds of food and supplies
– Protected 500,000 acres of tropical rainforest to offset our carbon emissions
– Diverted 90 percent of fulfillment center waste away from landfills
We also partnered with incredible organizations, including:
– charity: water
– Big Sunday
– Alliance for the Amazon
– Rodale Institute
Every day, we’re challenging ourselves to think holistically about impact. Whether we’re developing new products, adding new brands, or improving the member experience, we’re always considering whether our actions are contributing to a better future for our members, our communities, and the planet.
Our commitment to quality is reflected in the brands we choose to carry.
At the end of 2019, we had:
– 773 non-GMO food products, making us the largest GMO-free retailer in the country
– 323 clean and cruelty-free personal care products
– 296 better-for-you supplements
– 61 nontoxic and sustainable home essentials
– 16 organic and biodynamic® wines
– 7 ethically sourced and GAP animal welfare-certified meat cuts
To produce our Thrive Market branded products, we work directly with producers and farmers to ensure that every product sets a new standard for quality, value, and environmental responsibility.
In 2019, we sourced, developed, and launched:
– 131 organic, non-GMO foods
– 15 premium-quality supplements
– 9 sustainable personal care products
– 76 products in earth-friendly packaging
We’re committed to running our business in ways that serve our members, respect our planet, and better preserve natural resources for future generations.
In 2019, we:
– Achieved 100 percent carbon neutrality for our entire business
– Diverted more than 90 percent of waste away from landfills
– Powered our fulfillment centers with renewable energy
– Preserved 500,000 acres of rainforest to offset 12.5 million tonnes of CO2 emissions
You’ve heard it before, but we’ll say it again: We’re so grateful for our amazing member community, which helps us realize our mission.
In 2019, our members:
– Contributed $519,978 in donations at checkout
– Helped us provide 61,113 free memberships
– Donated 75,368 times at checkout
As a mission-based company, Thrive Market attracts some pretty amazing employees. We aspire to create a culture that helps them feel valued and encourages them to realize their full potential.
In 2019, that included:
– Partnering with mission-based company EveryTable to provide free lunches for employees
– Inviting all employees to participate in company-sponsored volunteer activities
– Actively cultivating a welcoming, inclusive environment that celebrates diversity
Thanks to all of you for helping to make our mission possible. Your support has inspired us to take on even bigger challenges in 2020.
Here’s what we’re working on now:
– Attaining B Corporation certification
– Achieving a TRUE Zero Waste certification across all our facilities
– Moving Thrive Market Goods suppliers further in the direction of regenerative farming
– Increasing the recycled content of our packaging materials
Get all the details by downloading the report below.
Melinda writes about health, wellness, and food for the Thrive Market blog. She started her career as a financial journalist in NYC and has written for Where Magazine, Worth, Forbes, and TheStreet.com. When she's not reading or writing, she enjoys working out, sketching, and playing with her daughter and mini-dachshund, Goliath.
Download the app for easy shopping on the go
By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive marketing text messages from Thrive Market. Consent not a condition to purchase. Msg & data rates apply. Msg frequency varies. Reply HELP for help and STOP to cancel.