Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Whole grain blend (oats, brown rice, millet, oat flour, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa), tapioca syrup, dried cane syrup, honey, canola oil, coconut, chocolate liquor, sugar, brown rice syrup, molasses, gum acacia, sea salt, vanilla extract, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, Vitamin E (to maintain freshness).
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Chunk Granola Bar
It used to be that if you wanted a snack, you had a choice to make: Do you something healthy or do you want something tasty? The Kind company rejects that question and instead provides a satisfying snack that can do both.
Kind Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars may be small, but they have a lot of good inside. These bars are filled to the brim with five types of heart-healthy super grains, including oats, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and amaranth. They are then topped with a decadent amount of dark chocolate and a pinch of crisp sea salt, providing an excellent balance between sweet and savory.
Kind Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars come in a five-pack to help meet your cravings all week long. Both compact and chewy, they are an ideal light snack to keep you going during a long day at work or a great choice to help regain energy after an arduous workout.
The benefits of choosing healthy snacks
The benefits don’t end there though. Here are some of the other ways Kind bars can help you live an active and healthy life.
- All-natural ingredients: These bars have no artificial ingredients of any kind. That means no trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, and no worries about what sneaky stuff may be inside what you’re eating.
- Heart-healthy product: Kind bars are naturally cholesterol-free with good fats and only trace amounts of sodium, which benefits your heart in the long-term.
- Totally gluten-free: If you’re trying to stay away from gluten, Kind bars are a good snack option. They have no wheat of any kind, rather opting for a blend of super grains like brown rice, millet, quinoa, and amaranth.
- Verified by the Non-GMO Project: If you believe that genetically modified organisms have no business in your food, Kind is right there with you. To make these Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars, the company only uses ingredients that have been tested and verified to be free and clear.
- Low glycemic food: Unlike other snacks like sugary candy bars and processed potato chips, Kind Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars won’t affect your blood sugar levels. In the short-term, that will ease those unwanted sugar crashes; but in the long-term it will also decrease the risk for developing health problems like diabetes. Kind uses natural sweeteners like dried cane syrup, honey, chocolate liquor, and molasses, which are broken down much easier in the body.
- Vegetarian option: Kind bars have no animal-based ingredients, making them safe for those adhering to a vegetarian diet.
The significance of gluten-free snacks
Gluten is a kind of protein commonly found in wheat, barley, and rye. Gluten is responsible for a number of things, such as the fermentation of beer and the elasticity of dough used to make tasty breads and pastries. Gluten is not just limited to grain-centric foods, though; it can also potentially be found in others things, such as creamy soups and potato chips. For many people, this is not a problem. But, for a large and growing number of people with sensitivities, they could actually become sick when eating gluten.
There are three major health reasons why someone may choose to stay away from gluten; that is, they may have a gluten intolerance, a wheat allergy, or be diagnosed with Celiac disease.
- Gluten intolerance is when the body has a sensitivity to the substance. Some studies have linked an intolerance to digestive issues as well as depression, anxiety, and irritability.
- Wheat allergy is an adverse reaction to the grain, much like an allergic reaction to peanuts or shellfish. After consuming gluten, affected persons usually develop skin rashes and stomach pain.
- Celiac disease is a digestive disorder that damages the lining to the small intestine when consuming foods with gluten, making it difficult for the body to absorb vital nutrients such as calcium and iron. Symptoms can range from mild digestive problems to intense abdominal pain. Quite often these cases go undiagnosed, but doctors and medical experts believe that around two to three million Americans suffer from Celiac disease.
The health benefits of grains
To make the Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars, Kind combines hearty amounts of five super grains including oats, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, and quinoa. These grains are responsible for most of the health benefits you receive from this snack.
- Oats contain large amounts of fiber, which helps your body lower cholesterol and supports a healthy weight. Oats are also rich in calcium to strengthen bones and the entire skeletal system.
- Millet has large amounts of antioxidants that are used to detoxify the body of damaging free radicals. Millet is also a rich source of magnesium and potassium, critical minerals needed to reduce and regulate blood pressure.
- Buckwheat is an excellent source of protein that provides energy and supports cell growth and repair.
- Amaranth has a good amount of lysine, an essential amino acid that helps produce energy and build muscle. Amaranth also has large amounts of vitamin A, which may improve vision.
- Quinoa is incredibly rich in protein and contains all nine of the essential amino acids. In addition, quinoa contains large amounts of vital nutrients such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, fiber, and potassium that aid in a range of purposes, from improving metabolism to strengthening bones.
More about Kind
Be kind to your body—and the world. That’s the message behind this company that produces more than 22 tasty snack bars and six grain clusters made from all-natural whole nuts, fruits, and whole grains. Kind believes that if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, it shouldn’t be in your pantry let alone your body. In each of its products you’ll find no secret ingredients or anything artificial. Just whole foods that provide essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants.
The company is also behind the Kind Foundation and the Kind Movement, a mission to inspire do-good acts large and small. From writing thank you cards to taking part in the Kind Causes grant program, the idea is to bring socially impactful ideas to life.
Reviews For Chocolate Chunk Granola Bar
Based on 23 Reviews
Not much chocolate. I was looking for more of a dessert bar. Thin and crunchy. Taste is good but nothing exciting.
Favorite Gluten Free Bars
Slather on some organic peanut butter - and you have a quick breakfast. The dark chocolate makes them super yummy. Great price.
Kind is kind
Great price, good buy
Fabulous! Great snack!
Just sweet enough to curb that sweet tooth with the benefit of healthy grains!
- Melissa Hughes
Hit the spot
Just the right amount to cure my chocolate craving.
I was a little worried about these being hard but instead they are so soft!
- Christina Joy
Chocolate Chunk Granola Bar
Tried for the first time last order. Very good. Will order again.
Good snack, good value. 5 in a pack for $2.95 for a kind bar is about the best you can do. A good early morning snack/breakfast snack at work.
I love these granola bars. They taste good and are the perfect size! Helps satisfy your chocolate craving :)
- Hannah Kincaid
So thankful to have finally found a 'granola bar' that I approve of the ingredients and my kids enjoy. Great price too!
It's like eating a candy bar, without the guilt.
Chewey yumminess that's good for you!
Sweet health treat
These are very good and satisfying -- my favorite is the dark chocolate chip. But the others are good too. They aren't certified organic but the ingredients seem pretty healthy overall. The price for the small box is a bargain compared the the price at the grocery store!
Solid bar with good taste
Don't expect this to taste super chocolatey or like a candy bar... it tastes nutritious. But you can taste the chocolate and the bar is nutritious and it will fill you up a little bit to be a good bar before a workout or to tide you over for an hour or two to your next meal. I have had tastier bars, but this is a good bar.
Kind dark chocolate granola bar
My husband is diabetic. We prefer an energy bar which is higher in Protein and lower in Carbo's. We must carry a balanced food source at all times, when exercising. This bar traveled well in pocket on a bike ride.
I was impressed with how inexpensive it was! Especially with a larger order of things I was already buying! Love the free shipping over $49!
Can't do without these!
These are so good I have to hide them from the kids when I bring them home, or they'd be gone in a day. My teenage son gets on the school bus at 6am and doesn't have lunch until 12:30, so these are a lifesaver for him - he loves them and they keep the hunger away until he gets to the lunch room. He has autism, so we have a gluten-free casein-free diet, and finding affordable but solid snacks is a challenge. These are perfect... and today I saw them at our local supermarket for TWICE the price I paid at Thrive. Ha! I'm back today to order more.
Like it, more there's still added sugar
These are the absolute best granola bars that I have ever tasted. They are a good size, so healthy and completely satisfying. They are a fantastic price and a great value. Great for snack attacks, breakfast on the go, road trips, etc.. If you want your tummy to smile then you must try them.
Good but lacking sweetness.
I have purchased a couple of different KIND bars in the past and found the Cranberry Almond to be delicious! I am usually on the run so I picked up a box of the assorted flavors to prevent me from getting hungry fast. The box included this dark chocolate chunk flavor. I understand that dark chocolate is usually bitter and lacks sweetness, but for 8 grams of sugar included in each bar, I was not expecting blandness. However, the nutritional values certainly make up where it falls short of taste.
- Lindsey Hawkins
Convenient, satisfying, and guilt-free
This is such a perfect little bar! What's so great is that it's so satisfying and filling but still yummy! Some other bars I"ve tried in the past are just so chewy and chalk-tasting and it totally feels like you're eating it solely to satiate hunger. But this granola bar is so awesome and convenient. It's not as messy or time-consuming to make/pack as granola is, and there's a great mix of textures! The bar itself is overall on the softer, chewy side, but there are all these little bits of crunch throughout that are just so gratifying. These are my go-to bars whenever I'm craving something sweet or junky and they don't disappoint! They leave my stomach full and my craving satisfied. Win-win for my health and my sweet tooth!
- R. Reid
Chewy and Crunchy - Yum Yum!
These are just as good every other Kind brand product. I bought these because the price point was low and the brand quality was high. They made in the USA and gluten-fee! They have quinoa in them which is awesome!
One aspect that left me dissatisfied is the fact that they call apart when eating them. Sometimes a piece will fall off and onto the floor making it uneatable. I wish they could have added some extra stickiness for those times when you can't afford to lose a piece. I suppose that with the price point, you can't beat it.
- Rhonda Gill
Healthy solution for my sweet tooth
I was not expecting to like these but they are actually really good. They're about the size of a cookie but square shaped. The various grains make for a good crunch and there is the perfect amount of chocolate. I've had one just about everyday since I got them, I recommend trying them!
These are great for a quick gluten free snack. I have celiac, and these are a welcome treat; they have a perfect combination of crunch, saltiness, and sweetness from the chocolate. Thrive's price beats every store I've found these in!
Featured on Thrive Market
Our body rarely shies away from letting us know when it’s hungry. Rumblings arrive as we wake each morning, signaling it’s time for breakfast. In the middle of a meeting nearing the lunch hour, our...Read More
There’s something so simple, so elegant, and so gourmet about a charcuterie and cheese board.Read More