- Certified Organic
- Certified Kosher
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- BPA Free
- Made in USA
- Alcohol Free
- Caffeine Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Dairy Free
- Dye and Color Additive Free
- Fragrance Free
- High Fructose Corn Syrup Free
- Low Fat
- No Antibiotics / Synthetic Hormones
- No Artificial Ingredients
- No Trans Fats
- Paraben Free
- Peanut Free
- Salt Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Almond Base* (Water, Almonds*), Rice Starch*, Sea Salt, Vanilla*, Natural Flavor, Carrageenan, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2. *Organic
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Organic Unsweetened Almond Beverage - Original
It’s time to say soy-onara. There’s another dairy alternative that works just as well in lattes, smoothies, ice cream, baking recipes, and cream-based dishes. Meet almond milk. It has the same useful versatility as soy milk (and cow’s milk), but is free of the risks that often come along with soy-based products.
Pacific Foods makes their Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk by gentling roasting the nut before grinding and blending with water to create the finished product. It’s both delicious and nutritious, enhanced with significant amounts of riboflavin, vitamin A, and vitamin D2. And, it doesn’t require refrigeration so you can take it with you any time you have the urge to drink up.
The benefits of almond milk
In addition to being lactose-free, almond milk has a bounty of health benefits that make it a great part of any healthy diet.
- Weight management: A single glass of almond milk contains less than 60 calories, while an average glass of cow's milk contains roughly 145 calories. Even skim milk contains 86 calories, which is still much higher than the dairy-free substitute. And less calories at each meal really adds up when it comes to managing weight.
- Improved heart health: Almond milk doesn't contain the cholesterol or saturated fats often found in regular milk. It’s also low in sodium and contains healthy fats like omega fatty acids that play a key role in preventing heart disease and lowering blood pressure.
- Stronger bones: Almond milk doesn’t contain as much calcium as cow's milk, but it still provides about 30 percent of the daily recommended value in each serving as well as 25 percent of the daily recommended value of vitamin D. These two nutrients work in unison to lower the risk of arthritis and osteoporosis and boost the body’s ability to maintain healthy bones and strong teeth.
- Healthier skin: Another fortified nutrient in almond milk is vitamin E, which has many antioxidant properties that keep the skin healthy and reduce the effects of aging. That includes protecting skin from sun damage and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Muscle mass: Though almond milk only contains a single gram of protein in each serving, it’s rich in vitamin B as well as iron and riboflavin, all of which are vital for muscle growth and recovery.
- Lower blood sugar: Because it’s low in carbs and has a low Glycemic Index value, almond milk will have less impact on blood sugar levels. Over the long-term, this helps to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Improves kidney health: Those that have kidney problems are often warned to stay away from cow's milk since an excess of calcium and potassium can be harmful to the organ. However, almond milk has less amounts of these nutrients, which can be a benefit to some.
Four reasons to make the switch from soy milk
There may be good reason to pause before asking for soy milk next time you’re at the cafe. Soybeans are a controversial legume that can lead to some unwanted side effects:
- GMOs: Soybeans are one of the most genetically modified crops in existence, and there's no telling if the soybeans used to make your milk are free of them.
- Estrogen: Soybeans contain phytoestrogens, known endocrine disruptors that mimic the body’s natural estrogen. For men, this can mean infertility, low sperm count, and low libido; for women, it can lead to infertility, menstrual issues, and even cancer.
- Enzyme Inhibitors: The high levels of phytic acid in soy inhibit the body’s ability to absorb important minerals like zinc, calcium, iron, and magnesium. It also contains protease inhibitors that can block the enzymes required for the proper digestion of proteins.
- Goitrogens: These are potent compounds that inhibit the thyroid’s ability to utilize iodine, which can result in weight gain, low energy, fatigue, and weakened immunity.
Almond milk recipes
Almond milk can be used instead of cow's milk in just about any recipe. Here are a few of our favorites:
Who says making homemade ice cream has to be difficult? This simple recipe consists of only three main ingredients, including a frozen sliced banana, cinnamon, and of course almond milk. It only takes minutes to make and, the best part is, it can be enjoyed for breakfast as well.
If you are looking for a change of pace from oatmeal, millet is a great option. The grain is very similar to oatmeal but with the added benefit of being gluten-free. Alone, it has a rather plain taste, but with the right ingredients, it can be a pleasant start to every morning. First, mix a bit of coconut milk with the almond milk to provide a tropical spin. Then, top with organic shredded coconut flakes for some tasty crunch. Whisk the ingredients together in a medium saucepan, and stir in the millet last. Millet tends to clump together, so you will need to break it apart. Within 10 minutes, breakfast is served.
If you love your Frappuccinos, but hate what they are doing to your waistline and your wallet, try this tasty replica that starts with almond milk and brewed coffee as the main ingredients. To sweeten (and provide the familiar burnt sugar flavor), all you need to add are some dates, honey, and a little vanilla extract.
More about Pacific Foods
When Pacific Foods began in Oregon 28 years ago, they had a mission to “grow better, farm friendlier, and act kinder.” The idea was to make healthier and better tasting foods that always kept in mind the planet from which they are sourced and the people who would eventually be eating them.
Ever since, Pacific Foods has tracked all their ingredients, ensuring that all animals are treated kindly and that the footprint used to make them is as small as it can be, like using packaging that doesn’t require refrigeration. In 2010, the company received recognition as one of Portland’s best sustainable leaders by the Sustainability At Work program. Today, the Pacific Foods product line includes wholesome stocks and soups, purees, sauces, and meat and dairy alternatives that all aim to make a world of difference.
Reviews For Organic Unsweetened Almond Beverage - Original
Based on 24 Reviews
Perfect for Smoothies
Love the slightly nutty taste
- Kimberly McKinney
Would not buy again
This almond milk is like water. I have had almond milk before from trader Joe's and it was fine, not sweetened or anything like that.
- Marian Jona
Handy to keep in the pantry
Handy to have... no refrigeration required but doesn't taste anywhere near as good as the type you get in the dairy aisle. I bought a second pair for my pantry regardless!
I like the taste of this product. Not only is it good tasting, it is good for you!
- Dr. J Chapin
I expected it to be more like milk and not water.
- Michael Lovreta
great with coffee, and oatmeal. not a lot of calories so it's better than milk if you are trying to watch your caloric intake
Organic almond milk
It's organic but I didn't know it had carrageenan
Organic Almond Unsweetened Milk
Nice that it's organic, but don't care for the rice in it.
Carrageenan is not a safe ingredient! I won't buy anything that contains it!
I use this with the Kashi Overnight Muesli cups, and my personal overnight oats recipes - perfect!!
Finally a milk we can all enjoy
My favorite brand of milk alternative for everything: we make our hot chocolate and coffee with it, use it with cereal, and make pancakes and other recipes with it. I was always used to skim milk, so I don't like many other soy or almond brands for being too sweet or over-thickened. My kids can't stand the rice versions, which they find thin and flavorless. This, however, is perfect! Appreciate the addition of Vitamin D also, and the price is less than half what our local health store labels.
Delicious. It's my favorite almond milk.
Amazing dairy and soy alternative
I've never really liked regular milk so I normally drink soymilk. However, I've been cutting down on the amount of soy I have on any given day and my friends highly recommended almond milk. Unfortunately, I've never really liked almonds either, but looking at other milk alternatives (rice, hemp, flax), almond milk seemed the most nutritious overall so I decided to give it a try. It was actually pretty good; I picked the unsweetened version and it still has a subtle, pleasant sweetness to it. I combine it with oat milk from the same brand and I already like it better than any soymilk I've ever had so it was a no brainer for me to just cut out soymilk completely. I like this particular brand because it's organic and it had the best consistency--creamy, smooth, and not watered down. It's also not overwhelmingly almond-y so that was a plus for me. It's perfect for my shakes, lattes, and cereal. My personal favorite is just a plain glass for cookie-dunking. I used to buy in bulk, but Thrive's rate of $2.95/box is cheaper by at least a whole dollar than the bulk rate I was getting on Amazon and the savings have really added up.
Not was I was expecting.
I guess I completely missed the "beverage" part of this product and was expecting almond milk. The flavor is comparable to most unsweetened almond milks. However, the consistency was completely different...a lot more watery and translucent.
The beverage still works well in smoothies and protein shakes, but almond milk works even better for me.
- Lorraine Figueroa
Favorite Milk Alternative
I was very hesitant to buy this brand because I don't typically like most almond milks because of the after taste. I'm so glad I tried it! This doesn't have the after taste and my kids love it!
I'm a big fan of the fact that there is no estrogen (soy), aresenic (rice), hormones, and it's antibiotic free! It's also great for people with nut allergies like one of my kids. I use it for everything that someone would typically use milk for, it's especially great for baking.
- Delia J
Awesome Almond Beverage - Not My Favorite
I use Almonds "Milk" every chance I get being that I am lactose intolerant. This product cooks well, bakes well and is all around positive. What I was not happy with was the flavor. I prefer the sweetened original variety but have had a hard time finding this from Pacific Foods.
I buy Silk brand when I want to drink the milk straight but use this one for cooking. I will continue to buy it!
- Lori Mendoza
Not sure it's for me
Kinda watery and not up to thickness. The hemp milk by this brand is great. Also had white specks even with a good shake.
Still smells fresh and has almond flavor.
Good to have on hand
If you are like me and unable to make your own, this is a good alternative. Tastes good and keeps in the pantry until you open it.
Keeps well, no aftertaste, great price
Perfect Smoothie Base
I use this instead of sugary juices for making smoothies, lattes, and I also use it when I am making steel cut oats (when I don't want to use water). It has a very mild flavor, so it doesn't change up the profile of whatever you are making. The price point is amazing.
Organic UNsweetened Almond Beverage
I've never bought anything but cow milk, 2% milk- it is kind a thin but works gd w. cereal.
Most stores have added flavors like Vanilla. Added to cereal would make it too sweet. I came to like it and probably buy it again.
I also like the fact that you don't have to buy it in a 6-12 pk like most online places.
Kind of watery & very almondy
I've been drinking the blue diamond almond milk for a long time but thought I'd give this a try. It's ok in smoothies, though it has a much more pronounced almond taste. It's also very thin, and not good in coffee (watery, curdles and creates a bitter taste).
Best unsweetened almond milk!
This is the best unsweetened milk I've come across! Most taste like cardboard, but this is delicious. I mostly use in my cereal and in coffee. Unsweetened is nice to have around for cooking as well. I give it 5 stars!
- R. Gomez
Featured on Thrive Market
Delicately sweet with a slight hint of maple, lucuma perfectly complements the intense nutmeg flavor of eggnog. And since this superfood contains antioxidants, this is one sweet drink that you can...Read More