Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Organic apples, Ascorbic acid (vitamin c)
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Apple Sauce
Porkchops and apple sauce. Potato pancakes and apple sauce. Everything goes with apple sauce. As long as you have a good quality jar like Santa Cruz Organic. The natural food company picks only the best apples, which have been certified organic by the USDA, to create the smooth and creamy blend that also bears a great nutritional profile.
Each serving of Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce is low in calories (just 60 in each half-cup), sodium, and carbohydrates, while also providing large amounts of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C (30 percent of the daily recommended value). One look at the label and you’ll see only two ingredients listed: organic apples and ascorbic acid. The apples chosen for each bottle are grown in the Santa Cruz Mountains, an area famous for producing high quality and flavorful fruit. Ascorbic acid (a fancy way of saying vitamin C) is also sourced naturally and used to help maintain the color and taste of this apple sauce.
Santa Cruz is not only a leader in organic products, but also in environmental sustainability, constantly striving to empower ecosystems by reducing water pollution and strengthening the integrity of the surrounding soil. The company recycles more than 95 percent of their waste; in fact, this organic apple sauce is produced almost exclusively through sustainable green energy.
Why Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce is a great choice
Not only is Santa Cruz’s product certified organic—which means that it adheres to a strict set of governmental mandates that regulate the food’s preparation using techniques that aim to protect the environment, improve the well-being of animals, and avoid the use of chemical additives—but it also has other key benefits that make it a safe and wholesome product to feed your family.
- No sugar: Unlike a number of other commercial brands, Santa Cruz doesn’t add sugar of any kind to their apple sauce; instead choosing to let the apples do the job of naturally sweetening the product. This makes it ideal for diabetics and anyone else watching sugar intake.
- No artificial colors or preservatives: There’s also no trace of artificial or chemical ingredients in Santa Cruz’s honest product. The only thing besides apples in each glass jar is ascorbic acid, which does a good job of preservation all on its own.
- It’s vegetarian and vegan-friendly: Absolutely no animal products or byproducts were used to make Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce. It also makes an ideal substitute for eggs and milk in a number of baking recipes.
- A gluten-free treat: Because it’s only made from fruit and plant-based products, Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce is completely free of gluten, which makes it a great snack option for anyone with Celiac disease or a gluten intolerance.
- Verified Non-GMO: The third party group known as the Non-GMO Project does intense testing on a number of products like Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce to provide a guaranteed seal that the item contains no trace of genetically modified ingredients.
- Has tons of fiber: Fiber is a compound only found in plants that is detrimental to gut health. When fiber passes through the digestive tract, it actually cleans it out, leading to better breakdown of foods and less bouts of constipation and diarrhea. Because it’s so bulky, fiber also fills you up longer after eating it, which can help reduce overeating. It’s also been known to help regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- A good source of vitamin C: So, it’s not really the cure for the common cold like we all thought (try zinc instead), but antioxidant-rich vitamin C is essential in keeping the immune system firing on all cylinders all the time. Regular consumption may help prevent infections as well as improve the appearance of skin.
What it means to make a product with renewable energy
Santa Cruz believes so strongly in protecting the environment that all of their products are not only shipped in containers that are recyclable, but are also produced at a plant that recycles more than 99 percent of its waste. In fact, all of the electricity that Santa Cruz uses to manufacture its line of organics comes from renewable sources such as wind and solar power.
At their California production site, Santa Cruz has installed two massive solar panels which naturally generate energy through the plentiful warmth of the California sun. Santa Cruz also purchases electricity produced by nearby windmills. So every time you enjoy this organic apple sauce, you can also know that your purchase is helping protect the environment.
Cooking with Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce
If you want to jazz up your apple sauce, you can simply add some puréed fruits like apricots or berries; even a blast of cinnamon will give it a whole new taste profile. But if you want to get even more creative, here are some ways to cook with it and pair with other delectable dishes.
Most pancake recipes call for eggs, but a secret trick for vegans or plant-based eaters is replacing them with applesauce, which provides a similar consistency and final result. Here are two ideas.
- Coconut flour pancakes: Instead of the three eggs called for in the recipe, use ¾-cup of Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce. Then, add in coconut flour and coconut oil, some raw honey, almond milk, and top off with pure maple syrup a cup of coffee to get your mornings started right.
- Pumpkin quinoa pancakes: Pumpkin lovers will really enjoy this recipe that features the rich flavor in a gluten-free quinoa pancake. Add in a cinnamon cream cheese filling and you won’t care about what’s for lunch or dinner.
These are not your grandmother’s latkes. Instead of using traditional white potatoes, opt for healthier (and more savory) sweet potatoes and add in grated apple and onion for more memorable flavor. Pair with a side of sour cream and Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce for the perfect finishing touch.
Reviews For Apple Sauce
Based on 21 Reviews
I love this applesauce. I don't like sour tastes so this is perfect.
- Ton-Yale Hood
Love the Sauce and Health Factors!
This really is a delicious, sugar-free, applesauce. PLUS:
glass = no chemicals from plastic containers. Apples are on the EWG "Dirty Dozen" list of fruits and vegetables with most pesticides, so organic is an important factor. Also gluten-free. And the company is mindful of green business.
This applesauce is so fresh and sweet, a delightful eating experience! "Organic" makes it even better!
This is the best tasting applesauce we've had! It didn't even last a whole 24 hours in our house.
- M. S.
Santa cruz organic apple sauce
You dont say if it has added sugar
My son loves this stuff... He's two so applesauce is the bees knees and he loves this one!
love this product + love this brand! everything they make is just so good!!
This applesauce is organic and natural. It is so tasty! It makes for a great snack or to be used when baking. It is a pantry staple!
Best Apple Sauce
Love this product! Excellent flavor and consistency.
Tastes good and no added sugar
Add a little cinnamon to this and you have a healthy tasty organic dish.
Organic, GREAT taste, and it only has 2 ingredients!
My entire family loves this apple sauce. We eat straight out of the jar and I also add it to many of my recipes. The taste is less sweet than many store bought brands and the consistency is more watery than others as well. But this comes as close to real apples as you can get. Plus, it's organic!
- Carrie Baker
Better Than Anything I Found Locally
I love putting apple sauce in my backed goods as a substitute and as a filling. I would make my own but, I don't have time for that. I love that it is organic and non-GMO!
I wish the flavor was a little stronger but my taste buds may just be weird. I wish that the container was a plastic because when the jar is cold, I am afraid it is going to slip out of my hands. I would buy it again in a heartbeat though because it is better than anything I found locally.
- L. Powell
I was so happy when my kids told me they loved this apple sauce! It is organic and GMO free so I don't have to worry about them eating any nasty ingredients. Even better, it's naturally sweet so they haven't wanted to add anything to it like they used to!
Also, I never liked apple sauce because of the consistency but this one is a bit thinner so I really enjoy it! I love that I can eat this delicious product with my kids completely worry free!
- G. Rowe
Delicious and no added sugar!
This applesauce is a bit pricey, but worth it, as it is absolutely the most delicious bottled applesauce I've tasted, has no added sugars or other scary ingredients, and is organic.
The best apple sauce ever made. I love this stuff. I use it for many things. I like it heated up. I like it cold. I mix it in with oatmeal sometimes. I like it as a side with a nice pork chop.
This apple sauce tastes like it was just made fresh with apples out of your own yard.
- Mimi H.
Kids love it
I buy this applesauce for my kids. They love it. It's one of their favorite treats. They don't eat junk food and it's their own choice to eat organic. They pick this brand every time.
I keep a jar on hand. We use it with meals sometimes too, or in quick desserts like apple crisp, when we don't have fresh apples on hand!
- Sharon Keese
Good applesauce for the kids
I like this applesauce, because it has a ton of vitamin c that my kids need, but no added sugar, which is a huge concern with applesauce these days. My kids don't even know they're eating natural applesauce, they just dig the flavor, and I'm happy they're getting their fill of good fruit without a lot of junk added to it.
- Solana W.
Great low fat dessert
As someone who's trying to lose weight and control my fat intake, this applesauce is perfect for me. It's low in fat, calories and sugar, and it's made from organic apples, which means no pesticides or chemicals. And it actually tastes like real apples when you eat it. Amazing, in this day and age when I'm celebrating applesauce for tasting like apples!
- Salvatore White
If you're tired of applesauce that tastes processed or only faintly of apples, this is your solution. Completely delicious, this is an organic applesauce that honestly tastes like crushed apples. It comes in a glass jar that's pretty high-quality. It doesn't have the same overly-sweet taste of other applesauces either. Both of the kids really love it, and I honestly enjoy it too. This is a great applesauce!
- Grace R.