- Certified Organic
- Certified Kosher
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Gluten free
- Ethically Sourced
- Certified B Corporation
- Fair Trade
- Supports charity
- Sustainably farmed
- Dairy free
- Dye and color additive free
- Low sodium
- No artificial ingredients
- No trans fats
- Pesticide free
- Preservative free
Why You’ll Love It
About This Brand
Organic, unrefined, cold-pressed, extra-virgin coconut oil.
California residents: Learn more on Prop 65 warning. Disclaimer: Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Thrive Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Amount Per Serving
Why You’ll Love Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Oil has been an instrumental part of cooking for centuries, previously made with animal fats centuries ago before healthier options were available. While things like olive oil or even peanut oil often get plenty of attention, coconut oil is breaking out in a big way thanks to its rich taste and ample health benefits.
A closer look at coconut oil
Coconut oil, as its name suggests, is sourced from coconuts. To create it, ripe coconuts are harvested and processed, separating the oils found in the meaty pulp from the water used in the extraction process. This oil is collected and filtered, and then packaged for sale and consumption.
The taste of Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is delicate yet rich, and the slightly sweet flavor never overpowers foods that are cooked with it. Although, it does bring a further, deeper complexity to ingredients that helps it stand out as being a commonly preferred option for chefs.
It’s possible to swap out olive oil with Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in recipes of all types, from cakes to sautées and beyond. It has a smoking point of 177 degrees Celsius, or 350 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the same as canola oil and butter.
But the use of Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil doesn’t stop with food—it's a great ingredient in all-natural beauty processes as well. Things like conditioning the hair, removing eye makeup, and moisturizing skin are all great things that coconut oil can be used for. It can even be used as a great massage oil, providing moisturizing properties and a sweet, enjoyable smell that is entirely natural.
Health benefits of coconut oil
While the slightly fragrant and mouthwatering taste of Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is reason enough to try i, the numerous health benefits that coconut oil can provide make a strong case for using it in cooking, as well as in other aspects of life.
- The short and medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil make it easier to lose weight. This is because those medium chain fatty acids help improve metabolic function and improve the body’s ability to burn fat, and recent studies have helped to prove this.
- Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil contains about 50 percent lauric acid that can help to lower cholesterol levels and even reduce high blood pressure. By reducing levels of bad cholesterol, coconut oil can help improve the overall heart health of those who use it regularly.
- The use of coconut oil is also effective in combating yeast infections and candida infections. When these forms of yeast build up in the body they can trigger issues like fatigue and even depression, but coconut oil can combat the issue.
- Using coconut oil also provides the body several key antioxidants. These can help reduce the buildup of free radicals, and in doing so can help to ward off illness and disease.
- Medium chain fatty acids found in Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil can also help to improve the insulin reactions within cells, which in turn could help promote easier management of diabetes.
Why Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is the right call
Just as different olive oil brands have different qualities that they offer, so do the different types of coconut oil. For the best oil for use in cooking as well as in makeup and personal care products, Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is an excellent choice:
- Nutiva donates 1 percent of all their sales to groups focused on sustainable farming. From enriching soil to promoting better farming practices, these charitable contributions are making an impact in the world and in the lives of farmers, consumers, and even local communities.
- Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is entirely organic—hence the name. No chemical pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers were used during the growth and cultivation of the oil.
- The methods used to process Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil are entirely natural and rely on a machine based system instead of using chemicals. This provides delicious coconut oil that can be enjoyed without having to worry about what kind of compounds may have been added.
- Nutiva also focuses on fair trade practices, and all of their products including their Organic Virgin Coconut Oil are certified, making it easier to purchase and enjoy knowing that ethical practices are maintained.
Great recipes to use Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil with
The versatility of coconut oil is a key reason that it deserves plenty of attention. It’s a perfect fit for vegan, vegetarians, gluten-free, and Paleo diets. It works especially well in baking, but there are numerous other ways to add it to recipes.
These bars are great after a workout, on a hike, or as an on-the-go snack for busy people. Without any artificial sugar, they’re even better for the body. Not to mention, Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a key ingredient in providing the rich coconut taste.
For an incredibly decadent and beautiful dessert, this cheesecake delivers. It’s also entirely vegan, providing a unique way to enjoy the taste and texture of cheesecake without actually including dairy in the recipe at all.
Reviews For Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Based on 17 Reviews
I am very pleased with this product. It smells and tastes divine, and it did a great job substituting butter in a dessert recipe. Thanks!
- Michelle Miner
Put the Lime in the Coconut :-)
What can we say it's COCONUT....great value, leaves skin smooth.....great all around!!!!
- Wanda I. Fazio
Used this for a hair mask and it was great
I LOVE this coconut oil i'm using on my son and myself from hair to toe and omg the smell of it wow best thing ever
Oil is great
The oil is great but the plastic jar is not! Although I was told the plastic is not BPA but the substitute BPS, it's still a hormone disruptor. I buy only plastic.
Essential Oil...for real
Great product from a great company
Best of them all!
This coconut oil is my favorite. It has the best consistency. I use a tbsp every morning in my tea along with a tbsp. of Ghee and 2 tbsp.s of coconut milk. I also use it on my eyelids and eye lashes every night. It is great if you have a problem with dry eyes.
Im new to the coconut craze. Ive been using it on my hair and on my teeth. It truly is amazing. I like this product.
Love love love
Best coconut oil I've ever tried. Tastes wonderful on a slice of toast.
top of the line
the best coconut oil out there!
Great taste. Wonderful slightly sweet taste on toast. Great facial moisturizer and hair conditioner
This oil does have the sweet coconut flavor. I use it in my grits every morning. I have also use it to fry fish. It gives my food a little boost of taste.
I buy this item as a gift for friends and family. They are great gifts because they can be used for so many things! My son uses them for cooking, my mother uses it for her hair and my niece makes lotion out of this oil. On top of it all, the product is fresh and flavorful!
- Mindy Barnes
I would be lost without this stuff
In over two years of being paleo, I have sampled my fair share of coconut oils. This stuff is the cream of the crop. I can't really put my finger on it, but the quality is just fantastic. It looks, tastes, and smells fresh.
There are very few things I don't use coconut oil for. You know how in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the dad's solution to everything is "put some Windex on it"? That's me, with coconut oil. Paper cut? Put some coconut oil on it. Bug bite? Put some coconut oil on it. Mysterious rash/cut/zit? Coconut oil. All. Day.
I've also used it to make homemade deodorant, though most people probably don't want to know that. (In case you're wondering, it works)
I also use it for normal things, like cooking. I use at least two big spoonfuls a day on top of a sweet potato with salt, and it's great for roasting veggies in the oven or as a binding fat in baked goods. I can't recommend it highly enough!
A million ways to use it!
I have lost track of all of the articles and reviews I've read about all the ways to use coconut oil and the different brands available. I decided to try Nutiva because I read good things about them. So far, my family and I have seen great results.
It doesn't really have a strong smell, so you can use it on your skin or in just about any dish. It does turn to liquid in our house during the summertime, but you can put it in the fridge if you want it in a solid state. We use it all the time for cooking and in homemade body products. I will order it again!
- Bella Boo
Awesome product, great company
This oil is good for pretty much anything. I originally got it to treat my dry hair. It's really made it much softer and more manageable, at a much less expensive price than those tiny bottles of hair gloss. I actually tried eating a scoop of it in the second jar, and it's delicious! I've been cooking with it ever since, as a replacement for butter and canola oil. Now I always have a jar in the kitchen, and another in the bathroom. I always buy Nutiva since they're such a great company. They support fair trade, charity, and sustainable farming practices. You go, Nutiva!
- Clifton Morris
Featured on Thrive Market
Shredded coconut, medjool dates, cardamom—sounds like a decadent Middle Eastern dessert, doesn’t it? Close, but these are actually the ingredients for the most gourmet nutrition bar ever.Read More